Four 4MP POE outdoor bullet cams and a NV4108E-HS NVR, do I need a computer for it?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
lilabner

Re: Four 4MP POE outdoor bullet cams and a NV4108E-HS NVR, do I need a computer for it?

Post by lilabner »

Thank you! You're saving me from hours of study including X number of mistakes and false starts.

BTW, if and when I ever do get the new router in place and want to use a Windows desktop PC or an iPhone to see and NVR login information (and possibly camera images), do you have a suggestion for a good PC program or iPhone app to run on them? Better than Amcrest Surveillance Pro?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Four 4MP POE outdoor bullet cams and a NV4108E-HS NVR, do I need a computer for it?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No,,, To be Honest. I prefer the IE... ON the new FW Chrome.... Old firmware I did use Chrome View App... It was much better then IE in my mind.... Only thing is IE you can have it save your Pass in the App you have to put in IP and Pass every time... So if there are more then 1 person going to use... Chrome View App...

New Java Script FW uses Chrome and like that even more... However once in a while I use the Chrome View App and press the MIC on accident forgetting what Camera I am on and Lock it because the new FW has the Mic disabled lol Opps... So now I changed to make sure the NEW FW says NewFW so I don't make the mistake lol...

Just so you know... If you have to config your camera you will want to connect Laptop to backside of NVR up to that point you can do all settings that the NVR will let you but anything that needs special WebUI kind of things have to have Direct same ip as your NVR backside... WAN Port would be Front side of system... Lan ports of the NVR backside... Just so you understand before you spend long time trying to figure out why you can't make a connection direct to your camera yet you can your NVR... Because the NVR will be in the same segment as your Local lan your cameras won't... In most cases...
Be Safe.