Floodlight Security Camera?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Floodlight Security Camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Might want to look into the laws of your state and or county as there can be Issues by law and yeah I understand.. I do have some Covert Cameras... They are in plain sight and before they are even reached it is well known that my Place has 24/7 Audio and Video recording.. I have no Cameras in any bedroom and if I have guest that come over that will spend the night in my Living room I will turn off the cameras with audio and video as it will be an area for sleeping. Everyone in my home knows where the cameras are anyone that was to come over if asked about my hidden ones that are in areas where they might be under normal use I will reveal the location however one of the Covert Cameras is in my Server room that no one but me should ever be in and seeing it takes me an hour to get into it I don't expect to have to reveal it to anyone that would visit... Also because of Cyber crime laws I also have signs with statements that I record 24/7 and all footage is stored on off site servers to make sure I am covered from any issue that might come about... So it is me Protecting my Freedom
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Just ordered from Amazon yesterday and should be arriving this Thursday. Weather permitting I can install this weekend. Only 1 review so far on Amazon with good rating....going on that review. I normally dont go head 1st into products with little review and short release time but I could really use this product and based upon my experience with my 941's I am hoping for promising results with this one as well
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I hope things turn out well for your new camera.. I have a place I would put it however it is around 150 feet from the house so I am waiting for now.. Plus when it comes to cameras right now my Wife says I have to many already lol.. I keep trying to tell her this is a Floodlight she isn't buying it though lol.. Wondering if the 4mp full color at night what it is going to do to the sales of the floodlight seeing things it offers and the price.. However both have there place in the market
Be Safe
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

This product really fits the bill for me. I didn't want to run a separate line for a camera to watch my driveway and street area and I already have a floodlight in place. So with the WiFi also integrated, this makes it a 1-2-3 install. I also hate halogen lights since they do get hot (which kinda was messing with the heat sensor that triggers them). I dont need a lot of light in the driveway so the LED floods dont really have to "light up" the area all that much. So now I can see the UPS or Amazon truck pull up...lol.
Fleegle

Floodlight Security Camera 1st impressions

Post by Fleegle »

So I got it installed today. Nice adapter plate that comes with it. VERY sturdy and has the foam insulation on both sides. Fits snugly.

I got it streaming to my Synology using Surveillance Station. Synology needs to update their list of cameras since the ASH26 is not yet in there. But I used generic ONVIF and it appears to work fine.

The app was easy to install on the Android and was able to pair up and get the camera on my home network. I will say that it was annoying that even with the motion detection turned off, I still get app alerts. So to stop that I had to clear out zone so that no tiles were blue. Didnt make sense to me, if I have motion detection off, I should get no app alerts but its quiet for now. I have to wait till dusk to play around with the lights to see how best to place them so the camera has no dark spots when recording.

Wish there was a dusk to dawn feature so the camera always has enough light to do color and to also deter anyone from coming around the property. I will see how well it works with motion detection light activation.

I could do a scheduled approach but that means changing it often as we move to and from DST.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@Fleegle thanks for sharing. the active motion detection zones used to be in color red but they are now in color blue. inactive motion detection zones remain clear. motion detection default factory setting is all zones active hence one has to first 'clear zone' during initial setup to avoid all the crazy triggered alerts. i would suggest being on the conservative side when selecting active zones because the trigger is based on motion. for my ad110 doorbell setup, i minimized my active zones down to 8 blue squares before i finally found the sweet spot. i left motion range at 3 and so far so good.

i will definitely need to hire an electrician to run a new line from the breaker box to the above the top center of the garage door that is facing the driveway before i get this floodlight. did you have to install a junction box behind the mounting plate?

i have to persuade my other half we need another camera. :lol:
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Fortunately I already had a box installed under the overhang for my garage. It used to have a dual halogen light with motion detect but the PIR failed and the light would do whatever it wanted, day or night. The ash26w was the perfect solution. The plate was a savior. Fits perfectly over the junction box and there was just enough clearance between the lights and the overhang.

I did clear out the tiles and just put in what I wanted. I just thought the slide for motion detection was a global side so that if its off, everything is off but it seems that even if the motion detect slider is off it still uses the tiles to send alerts to the app.

Its only been up for 24 hours or so. I need to play with the settings some more.

But quality is good and I hope it will last me a while.

The Synology NAS is now recording the HD stream and Synology needs to update their list.
20200810_195100.jpg
20200810_195100.jpg (3.96 MiB) Viewed 6517 times
20200810_195124.jpg
20200810_195124.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 6517 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looks like a nice place for it.. Well done.. Congrats hope it works out well for your in the years to come...
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@Fleegle very nice, good job and thanks for sharing.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Now I need to tweak the motion detection. I took the motion detection off the camera and have SS doing that. Falsing outside the zone right now...vehicles driving by are triggering when those tiles are not even blue...Will pull in the tiles and try to lower the sensitivity a little but overall...cant complain. My only other issue is my local spider that likes to make webs right in front of the light to try and catch bugs...that is not going to be fun...I dont mess with spiders.