Floodlight Security Camera?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
amcrest168

Re: Floodlight Security Camera?

Post by amcrest168 »

sweet!
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Just out of interest I went to look but I couldn't because of that idiotic P.I.T.A. sales pop up which no matter how hard I tried just kept popping up again after being closed. I can't be the only one who has been driven away by it!!! :(
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Couldnt find any tech specs yet on whether this will work on my Synology with surveillance station. I have a couple of 941's that work fine with it so I would assume this product will have ONVIF compatibility or RTSP so that I can just have my synology receive the incoming stream
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Fleegle and welcome to the forum. the floodlight supports rtsp streaming just like the rest of the amcrest smart home cameras.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Thanks for the heads up. Having the 941 cameras streaming to my Synonlogy is a great thing right now so I want to be able to continue using Amcrest cameras and not have to use other brands or have to change out my NVR for something proprietary. So once I can actually get one from Amazon...that will be the true test.!
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:20 pm link to amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-SmartHom ... 08C9FHDTC/.
Wish there was a black colored version (so as not to stand out so much). :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

? Don't stand out so much? What Wait? This thing is going to have 2 Large Flood lights come on how is it not going to stand out?

By the way part of Security is Detour why would you want someone to not see a Camera that is keeping your home, family and life safe... Why give the person a choice to do something wrong... I am all for BIGGER is BETTER...

Here is 2 cameras that I have taken down to do a cleaning on and replace some Desc gel Packets 1 is if I remember right without looking for the box a 2014 and the other the White IP camera is 2012 or 13... The Black one is a 10x zoom camera the little camera that is in front is a normal sized camera that one might get with a All in 1 kit however this was a IP Wifi camera from 2014 3mp but is really a POS... Then I have some PTZ Domes that are even 3 times the largest camera size here lol... I have already seen a Detour last year got that footage saved incase i need it...

He jumped out of his car came around the back seen the cameras points at them and then goes back to driver side paces a couple of times and then makes the mistake of backing into my drive way after not being able to back into the person across the street... What he didn't see is my LPR and the 3 other cameras that was able to see it all.. Plus 2 others that seen him drive into and out of the scene... So yeah for me Size matters.. I want them BIG... So they can be seen and help Detour any wrong doing...
20200720_002320_resized.jpg
20200720_002320_resized.jpg (595.61 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Thoughts4You wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:50 pm
amcrest168 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:20 pm link to amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-SmartHom ... 08C9FHDTC/.
Wish there was a black colored version (so as not to stand out so much). :D
I hear ya. White is kinda contrast to my brown siding. But nothing a little spray paint cant handle.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 pm ? Don't stand out so much? What Wait? This thing is going to have 2 Large Flood lights come on how is it not going to stand out?

By the way part of Security is Detour why would you want someone to not see a Camera that is keeping your home, family and life safe... Why give the person a choice to do something wrong... I am all for BIGGER is BETTER...
Not everyone wants his/hers to stand out. It is a personal preference.