Email Notifications not working

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
eightdown

Email Notifications not working

Post by eightdown »

i've sat here for a couple hours going through all the settings on my amcrest prohd to try and get it to send me email notifications when motion is detected...no luck. ive set the schedule, tested my email. it shows that motion is being detected in the alarms but it's not sending me anything..whyyyyy
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Email Notifications not working

Post by Melvin »

Hello eightdown ,

Does the email test under mail settings go through? If it does not and if using Gmail, there are a few settings you may have to adjust in Google settings.

1) Make sure the two step verification is disabled in Gmail.
2) Turn on the 'Less secure app' option in Gmail.

You can access these settings by click on the gear icon on the top right of Gmail and then go to Settings > Accounts and Imports.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

eightdown

Post by eightdown »

Yes, the email test works and I receive the test notification without any issues. Not receiving actual motion detection emails however. Like I said, the alarm section shows that it is picking up motion but I'm not being notified
eightdown

Post by eightdown »

also, nothing is being recorded to my internal sd card even though i've enabled it
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello eightdown,

For the email issue, please check the below settings.

1) Setup > SMTP (Email), make sure the check box 'attachment' is checked.
2) Setup > Event > Video detection, make sure the 'send Email' box is checked.

For video recording, please check Under Setup > Storage > Destination > SD card and see if the SD card is listed and shows the storage. Try the format option and reboot the camera and try again. Also check if the used space is increasing which means its recording.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

eightdown

Post by eightdown »

all of those settings are correct. also, i formatted the sd card and it shows its status as okay but nothing is being recorded to the card