Email alerts no longer sending

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
confused

Re: Email alerts no longer sending

Post by confused »

I suspect what is happening here is Gmail is tired of all this security camera traffic. I have five IP2M-841B cameras mounted outside, and on windy days, or foggy conditions, they will send a ton of false motion alerts with snap shots. Either they've put some kind of limits on the amount of traffic of this type, or they want to shake us off entirely. My cameras will send emails just fine for a while, and then they'll all stop for a while...then it will start sending again.

Does anyone know of any free cloud services? No way I'm paying what Amcrest wants for five cameras. I wish they would at least add the feature to the Amcrest Pro software to send snapshots to the SD cards or hard drive. It's much easier to keep track of what's happening around the house with snapshots, than to have to watch all the videos. I can always match up the time date stamp from the snapshots to the videos if I need to see more of what happened.
amcr_hf

Post by amcr_hf »

Replying to subscribe, too.
MikeVee

Post by MikeVee »

Man, I thought something went crazy for me. The last time I got any email notification was June 5th or so. I hope it will get fixed soon. it's extremely difficult to pull data quickly when this happens because I have to go into Blue Iris to check it instead.
fusefinder

Post by fusefinder »

Customer support success!
I emailed [email protected] as many in this thread were requested to do, I gave them a screen shot of my Email settings page. They responded requesting some info, model numbers etc (as expected) with directions on where to find it if you didn't know. BTW my model is Model is AMDV10808-S3.
They replied back with this, from Kwing L. (Amcrest)

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately due to changes made by Google we do not currently have compatibility with Google email servers. However after testing out other email servers we concluded that Yahoo emails should be compatible as well. At the moment we are recommending users to temporarily use Yahoo until we get this resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience.

For Yahoo email please change the SMTP to smtp.mail.yahoo.com with SSL 465:

Please make sure to fill in the required Yahoo email address on username, sender, and recipients as well as the email password.

Afterwards please use this quick guide in order to let the camera pass to the email:

http://help.inspectionsupport.net/isn-s ... yahoo-mail

Make sure two-step verification is also disabled on that page as well.

For testing I recommend temporarily setting the interval to 0.

Thank you.

I followed these instructions to the letter except the interval I left at 120 seconds (only because I did not read far enough) and it worked!
I went back and changed the recipient back to my gmail account as it was set up on many different devices and that test passed as well as mail actually sent and received. Interval now at 5 seconds and test working as expected. I will follow up when I get actual images and real time alerts, but this is a huge step in the right direction!
Thanks Amcrest!
I hope this will help others as well
Date of this post is July 10, 2019
stew32

Post by stew32 »

Changing from Google to Yahoo SMTP worked for me. I've been working on this problem for about a month. Wondering when this problem is going to fixed?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it isn't an option for everyone but I bought a Domain, hosting and now I can send emails through my own server and if I have issues then no one to blame but me :)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Lupasha

Post by Lupasha »

Who is your internet provider?
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Hi guys, just a quick update: If Yahoo does not show allow less secure apps in your email setting you can also click on the "Generate app password" button located at the bottom. This will create a password which then can be used on the password section of the email settings within your devices. Also make sure that you include the spaces as part of the password as well.