Email alerts no longer sending

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
rayleaf

Re: Email alerts no longer sending

Post by rayleaf »

Here we go again!!!
I posted my issues with the Amcrest cameras not sending emails (see my postings earlier Feb.10 and Feb.11 )and that emails would not be sent on motion detection or just by an email test. It was not until @confused posting on Feb12 that recommended to change SSL/465 to TLS/587 that resolved the issue and since February all has worked great .

Now the problem has reappeared again and all my Amcrest cameras have stopped sending emails on either a motion detection alert and also will not send emails on email testings.

Nothing has been changed and NOW TLS/587 no longer works. Tried to go back to SSL/465 and does not work as stated in my February postings. Does not matter now if you try TLS/587 or SSL/465 with my gmail account nothing works and this issue just started in the middle of the day( with Amcrest motion detection emails stopping while competitor camera motion detection emails continued as usual).

I have many Amcrest cameras/NVR and was expanding with Amcrest .....but now I am on hold as per my February posting the competitor cameras have not had this issue back in February and continue to work great sending emails on motion detection and DO NOT HAVE AND HAVE NOT HAD THIS ISSUE(using the same gmail account ...works on SSL/465 or TLS/587). Both Amcrest and the competitor cameras are in the same area and on the same LAN.

What gives Amcrest?
Amcrest and Amazon/Google need to discuss and develop a solution and communicate the fix for this issue.
This issue has to be with their servers and with their software as my competitor cameras that I have work great! Future Amcrest purchases are on hold dependent on this issue resolution or I may have to continue to expand now with the competitor cameras as they work very well without these software issues.
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

stopped sending/recieving email alerts again. my last email was 6/5 11:47am PST.
James.S

Post by James.S »

haw1144 wrote:stopped sending/receiving email alerts again. my last email was 6/5 11:47am PST.
Please reach out to our support team so we can work with you directly. ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538)
ripkabyl

Post by ripkabyl »

So, I just talked to Bryan from support on the phone, and it looks like there is a partial issue with Gmail.

Apparently, starting this year there were some issues with auth protocol, so changing it to use TLS worked for a moment. But as Bryan mentioned, not everyone is experiencing that issue with Gmail. So it might work for some people while it won't for other people.

In the meantime, I got it to work with a different email account (a Hotmail one) + TLS (587).

Hotmail + SSL didn't work for me either.

And one another tip, Bryan did input a different SMTP server for Hotmail (smtp-mail.outlook.com) which is not the same as the one pre-filled when you select 'Hotmail' default configuration.

Finally, Bryan said they are getting a list of emails together to notify people once this issue with Gmail is fixed.

Hope this info is helpful.

Regards,
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

be a good idea to also post in here when it starts working again hopefully. thanks for the update@
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

i ended up switching to the outlook smtp and it's been working fine for me. not sure what's up w/the google smtp.
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

I too switched to outlook smtp as suggested in this thread. It worked at first after hitting "Reset Defaults" and entering the SMTP server that Bryan set up for "ripkabyl". But it has now become intermittent in it's email alerts, stopping for 18 to 24 hours, then starting up in the middle of the night, only to have stopped again by 7am. I did a total "Reset Defaults" and again entered the fields as before, only to get "Email Test Failed". I'm not technical enough to trouble shoot on my own, but this would lead me to believe there is a larger problem beyond just gmail.com.
imit8

Post by imit8 »

Replying to subscribe. The regular subscription function is broken and showing an error.
thedeans8486

Post by thedeans8486 »

The email feature is a make or break feature for me. If this doesn't get repaired then the camera goes away. I was actually planning on buying more cameras but the software is the down fall for it.
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

you're right. when i switched to outlook it worked for a little bit, but now it just says Email Test Failed when I tried to test it out, since I stopped receiving emails.

I have now switched over to my xfinity account's smtp... my last grasp.

i do agree if it's happening for both gmail and outlook already, something most likely is going on amcrest's end.