Email alerts no longer sending

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Brien

Re: Email alerts no longer sending

Post by Brien »

Thank you for posting that. Mine stopped sending emails over the weekend too.

I changed the port to 587 and Encrypt type to TLS.

I'll know tonight for sure if that worked. But the test email said normal as opposed to fail before.
Torriers

Post by Torriers »

Thank you so much for the help. I was stressing out because I thought something was wrong on my end, but you guys helped me fix it.
bandass

Post by bandass »

I have spent days and days trying to resolve what has happened why I now have the issue of motion detection email alerts. I have MANY IP2M-841 cameras that have worked fine for the last year except recently in weeks the emails notifications work and some time they do not work.
Nox Vidmate VLC
Jim Smyth

Post by Jim Smyth »

I have 7 cameras and use Gmail for my motion/pictures. Been working well for a few years now. One camera went down a month ago and the other 6 went down 2 weeks back now. I am currently 1400 miles from home and wont be back there till the fall. I sure hope Amcrest and Google can get there act together. All 7 cameras have motion activated. I occasionally get a few pictures every other day or so, so some are coming through. Just not consistent since I usually get 20-40 a day.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Jim Smyth wrote:I have 7 cameras and use Gmail for my motion/pictures. Been working well for a few years now. One camera went down a month ago and the other 6 went down 2 weeks back now. I am currently 1400 miles from home and wont be back there till the fall. I sure hope Amcrest and Google can get there act together. All 7 cameras have motion activated. I occasionally get a few pictures every other day or so, so some are coming through. Just not consistent since I usually get 20-40 a day.
Below is the best solution we have found to date, I will quote another user whom has provided this information.

" TXResident » Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I had the same issue, mine began Friday morning-last email with snapshot received was at 2am. Went two days without receiving emails. I use a Gmail account to receive all my snapshots (server is SMTP PORT 465)I sent in a support email and did not hear back till today. I finally called in yesterday and the support tech remoted into my computer and changed the server and port. He changed it to TLS and set the port to 587. After making that change I am now receiving emails with snapshots. The email from support tech stated that Gmail was having issues with their SMTP port and do not have an ETA when that will be back up and running. Hope this helps "
Jim Smyth

Post by Jim Smyth »

James, I did read that. I assume you have to be able to read/connect directly to the router to be able to do that? I am literally 1400 miles away from my router. Or can all that be accessed through Amcrestview?
James.S

Post by James.S »

@confused, @rayleaf,

If you the pop-ups are troubling you do have the option to minimize them as they are quite useful for the customers wanting to ask questions or make sales.

As for the email alerts, I will post something posted in the forum from another user that seems to be the best resolution while we wait on Google to resolve the Gmail issue.

" TXResident » Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm
I had the same issue, mine began Friday morning-last email with snapshot received was at 2 am. Went two days without receiving emails. I use a Gmail account to receive all my snapshots (server is SMTP PORT 465)I sent in a support email and did not hear back till today. I finally called in yesterday and the support tech remoted into my computer and changed the server and port. He changed it to TLS and set the port to 587. After making that change I am now receiving emails with snapshots. The email from support tech stated that Gmail was having issues with their SMTP port and do not have an ETA when that will be back up and running. Hope this helps "

If you still need please feel free to email or give us a call and we would be more than happy to assist you?
email ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538)
Jim Smyth

Post by Jim Smyth »

Its weird, now about every other day a few cameras kick in and send the normal amount of pictures to my email. Very spotty and definitely not resolved but its something. Looks like I will have to wait till October and am back home to plug into to my router to get this fixed permanently.
jfestrada

Post by jfestrada »

I have 5 amcrest cams (IP2M-841) with the same problem to sent emais with Google SMTP when motion is detected, I have tested with the SSL and TLS Authentications both with ports 465 and 587 with the same error "Email Test failed", if I use the iSpy software in Windows I'm able to sent emails to gmail's SMTP with SSL and port 587 with no problem, but having 5 cameras with HD video to detect motion and sent emails is too taxing to the CPU, I think the problem are the Cams software since the connection to SMTP is working with iSpy.
James.S

Post by James.S »

jfestrada wrote:I have 5 amcrest cams (IP2M-841) with the same problem to sent emais with Google SMTP when motion is detected, I have tested with the SSL and TLS Authentications both with ports 465 and 587 with the same error "Email Test failed", if I use the iSpy software in Windows I'm able to sent emails to gmail's SMTP with SSL and port 587 with no problem, but having 5 cameras with HD video to detect motion and sent emails is too taxing to the CPU, I think the problem are the Cams software since the connection to SMTP is working with iSpy.

Please reach out to us so we can work with you further one on one to resolve the issue you are experiencing with your email notifications.

email ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538)