Deleting a Camera from Cloud?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
smiller

Deleting a Camera from Cloud?

Post by smiller »

I did some searches and found a discussion of the Cloud app causing the loss of settings, such as the detection area. I am having that same issue, so I am using a SD card now, which I must say is really easy and works well. When I went in to delete my camera from the Cloud page it tells me that "This will lose the connection and will require you to reboot your camera". I feel sure that this will not cause me to loose all of my camera settings and cause me to start from scratch on setting up my entire system, but before I proceeded I wanted to be sure of that. Setting up the Amcrest app is a breeze, setting up the webpage not so much.

Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting a Camera from Cloud?

Post by Melvin »

Hello smiller,

You can delete the camera from Cloud without it affecting any of your settings. The warning just means that to add the camera again to cloud, you need to reboot the camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

smiller

Post by smiller »

I assumed it was not going to be a problem but just wanted to make sure before I did a FUBAR. :D Thanks, Melvin.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Yep, no problem to delete. I also deleted my camera from Amcrest Cloud because my settings were being reset.