CVI PTZ camera on 7108-AI or 8M16-H5 or the like

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

CVI PTZ camera on 7108-AI or 8M16-H5 or the like

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So this might be with other Amcrest DVR's as well but I know for sure works with these 2..

So I have a Friend that bought a 7108 a few months after I did replacing his 960h DVR. We both have an older CVI PTZ camera with Audio, PTZ over coax and I have been helping him with some settings that I thought I would pass along to others that might find the feature useful. When you want to give access to your family the Presets but don't want to give them access to Zoom or other options with in the camera you might be able to do it like I have had him do his and this also works on mine as well.. His PTZ camera and mine are different manufactures but works the same way.. Mine is Dahua his is Dahua OEM but different model type.

Out of the starting on my 7108 and 8M16 DVR connecting the CVI camera to the recorder it will setup for CVI3.0 for PTZ controls. Yet the camera uses CVI2.0 so change the DVR to use 2.0 settings, Then make all your camera PTZ presets to where you want them. Once you have them all setup. Change the PTZ control in the DVR back to CVI3.0 settings and the Presets can be called but they will not be able to zoom in or out from the Preset area.. Also pan and tilt will still work just no zoom, focus and Iris functions via manual controls.

If your the loan user then not something you really have to worry about. However if your like his home with a family of 5 and others access the DVR for view this will keep things within the view points and area of interest for your personal needs.

Just an idea and thought it might help others that could use such..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe