Connecting an alarm system

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
McDx

Connecting an alarm system

Post by McDx »

Hi everyone. I currently have IP5M-B1186EW-28MM cameras installed in my building and wanted to ask if there is any way to connect these cameras to an alarm? So basically if someone breaks into my building and the cameras sense motion, an alarm speaker would make sound. Is this possible?

I don't use a DVR with these cameras. Thank you for any advise.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Connecting an alarm system

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I personally don't know that camera. So if there is no Alarm out on the device (Could be connected to the cable bundle) if there was one. Or depending on the camera might be something inside the housing, However for Amcrest most times if there was a Alarm in or out it would be with the Wiring to the camera..

Out side of that the next best thing would be to connect it to a NVR, Seeing it is a IP POE camera a POE NVR with Alarms out and in would be great like my Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR, or if you don't need AI another NVR that I also have is the older 4108E NVR. The 4108E would work fine with the 5mp camera. If you were looking to upgrade to 8mp in the future then I would look at 5208E.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
McDx

Post by McDx »

I appreciate the reply. I really don't want to get myself into another NVR as i built an HTPC and installed amcrest surveillance pro software. It works perfectly.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

In Amcrest Surveillance Pro(ASP) main screen, click Event.
Select camera, Channel Event for Motion Detect,  Notify, enable Alarm Sound, and Save.
When motion occurs, you will hear a voice on PC speaker say "Motion Detect".  If you want to hear a siren, create your own siren.wav file.  Go to ASP settings at gear icon at upper right.   Go to Event,  change Wav file path to where you stored siren.wav file, and Save.
McDx

Post by McDx »

Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you so much for this info..