Comparing Surveillance Pro, View Pro, Blue Iris

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
patric

Comparing Surveillance Pro, View Pro, Blue Iris

Post by patric »

Where can I find a side-by-side comparison between the different apps? The manual disappoints.
One feature I require is the ability to "scrub" thru video to visually search for a scene, i.e., fast forward, fast reverse, frame-by-frame etc. The web interface Fast Forward drops out after a few seconds so thats useless.
A link would be great, but if not please mention why you would prefer one over the other.
Thanks!
James.S

Re: Comparing Surveillance Pro, View Pro, Blue Iris

Post by James.S »

@patric

I have used Blue Iris in the field before i was employed by Amcrest, I did enjoy using it but i also found it more convent to use the web interface of the devices (if it had one). When i was introduced to Surveillance Pro i always enjoyed it and grew to like it more than Blue Iris mainly for how well it worked for Amcrest. With what i have seen/heard about the latest versions of Surveillance Pro i am excited for when it will finally be released.
patric

Post by patric »

So is View Pro the same as Surveillance Pro or have you not had a chance to use it? I havent found any documentation that would help me choose one over the other.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@patric,
Surveillance Pro and blue Iris are Computer based Programs. Amcrest View Pro is an APP designed for phones. so you can user either Surveillance Pro or Blue Iris and still be able to use Amcrest View Pro on your Mobile Device.

However View Pro is still a good app and i highly recommend it as i use it myself quite often.