Cleaning our Cameras

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Cleaning our Cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Find it interesting that my Camera already needs cleaning for the second time this year. Also changing the Address on the camera so needed to have it down anyway not really but kind of hard to change in the air lol...

So Because of Security issues I don't post much about my General Security Camera fleet. Besides a few select few that I have while working with Amcrest things... Mainly because they are Amcrest.

However I thought ok take this down clear out the Bees nest and birds nest that is up there.. Don't know how it made it in to my light lol I will be changing out that to make it so it don't use my LED Bulbs as a Heater.. For now I have it covered with Chicken wire... Anyway took the camera out to clean and thought i would take a Picture for size compared to a 841 and one of the reasons I would like to have a mount for the 841 to put outside lol... But this one is on a Samsung 10x Module with 4 alarm inputs and 2 out. 4 Masks not that I use them where it is mounted... It does have a ICR I don't use it in B/W because the Night time color works well enough in low light...

This camera is OLD from 2010 lol so almost 10 years old ok no really it is only just 9 because date code was 11-03-2010. But for a camera that I use alot and has been outdoors when it is an indoor camera has been good to me. While it isn't the 32x that used to be there that I will get a new belt for soon and put back there because it like the Auto Tracking and it is 1.3mp where this one is only 500tvl lol.. But because it is Zoom it has good quality picture...

Side by Side View with the 841
Sideview.jpg
Sideview.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Also Front view with 841 next to it
FrontView.jpg
FrontView.jpg (67.99 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Software display
InfoData.jpg
InfoData.jpg (138.7 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Be Safe.
maxwhite

Re: Cleaning our Cameras

Post by maxwhite »

How often do you do this in a year? I live in a very dusty area so its really a headache for me
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cleaning our Cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

I only do a Deep Clean 1 time a year. This is where I will take the Unit down open and clean and replace the Desc pack at the same time... I do this with my DVR/NVR as well. This gives me a chance to turn them on in front of me and I can hear and see things I can't while mounted.. While I do have Alarms set on one of my domes it was in this cleaning that I found one of them had a bad Fan and while it is mounted 15 feet in the air and not in an area I go often unless I am mowing the lawn so wouldn't hear it was when I found the fan was bad while testing after cleaning.. Then my 2013 PTZ dome in my cleaning when I found the Belt was on threads 4 of 5 threads and all the rubber was in my dome... That one don't see much use other then on a Constant pan... Took a while to get a new belt as info for these things are not easy to come by lol... Another PTZ camera on my back shed it was really made for Indoors but i use outside about 10 feet from any water intrusion and has been good to me besides it has a Fan that is hard to find 1 in by 1in by .20 in that likes to go out ever so often... It fans over the power supply so it is important to keep it going. It is on my back shed so hard to know if the fan has gone bad until you are with the camera running test after cleaning... However the last time I got about 8 feet of the camera and I could hear it yelling at me that its service life was over lol...

Other then that I will on some domes or cameras that need it clean off the outside if needed around the year... One dome on my side yard is starting to become a Water magnet in the last year so I have cleaned it off about 3 times since it last deep clean.

Now if only I could find replacement domes for my cameras lol... Some with age have seen better days even being careful there are a few domes I wish I had a replacement. I think in all 3, 8in domes and a couple smaller ones could use new lids..
Be Safe.