Checking your cameras

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Checking your cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well while this is not an Amcrest Camera and it is 9 years old what do I expect right?

So today I was out going around looking over my Cameras and getting some idea of where I need to make some changes either add more cameras or different cameras. I get back to my Sheds Camera. One that I will update for a better camera sooner or later... Anyway right now works well enough for my needs. It is a 2010 hummm maybe it is newer geez might only be 5 years old I can't remember for sure... Anyway it is a 24Vac PTZ camera 12x zoom
Samsung. Not too large like my 37x PTZ that is on a Parapet Mount in the center of my back yard. It does have Alarm inputs and outputs and it does share an input with my 37x ptz.. So when the PIR at that location is triggered both cameras can see that area in different view point and both are Auto Tracking cameras... I am not sure but I think I might be the only one with head to head coverage. Like when you setup a Sprinkler system... In fact my piping looks like Sprinkler system setup with Access ports where needed and while they are not in Plain view in the access ports they are there shared with Sprinkler parts to keep the theme...

Anyway sorry get off topic sometimes... My camera was making some crazy noise and I was like no can't be a broke camera lol.. While it isn't broke it is as of now out of service. Replaced it for now with my 10x ptz while I wait for the part needed. A Fan... Really didn't even know this one had a fan lol 1in x 1in x .25in lol wow that is small... What a PITA to get to for the change... It is cold enough out that I thought about keeping it in play however it was warm very warm when I took it down and seeing it was only 39 degrees out yeah might not be a good idea having it run with out one installed.. The fan was moving just making some rattle noises. So while I had the whole camera out of the body so I could take out the fan that was at the bottom of the can I was able to access the parts to look at the Belts and tested some parts to make sure they are within specs. Tested the Backup Battery that is still at a good 2.84v so that isn't to bad for a 3v battery.. It isn't one I look forward to having to change out... Unlike my 37x camera that I took way to much apart to get to the battery only finding out after the fact I didn't have to take it that much apart lol This one I would... Yeah my 37x battery was dead to 0.09v on a 3v battery lol. Now the 37x battery is at a good 2.97v.

Anyway one of the things that a lot of people do is think that the cameras are good forever... In some cases that might be. However for a caemra like a PTZ that has loads of moving parts to me it is important to look over things well. During the summer cleaning on this camera I might have cought it if I would have done more then just a visual check and Compressed air dusting... Then it might not have been bad at that time anyhow... Either way I caught it before the parts that get HOT went POP and that is what is important...
MiniFan.jpg
MiniFan.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 810 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Checking your cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Found the Manual in my box of things. Come to find out this one is also 2010. My Recpt says I paid for it 5 2010 and my notes at the back says I installed it for the first time in 7 2012. So yeah it is old just like the rest of my CCTV Gear... Picture still looks good and does what it should that is all that matters..
12x.jpg
12x.jpg (72.81 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Checking your cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So while I was working on my 37x that goes in the middle of the back yard.. I thought I would after I got things restored after replacing the fans in that camera lol... Yeah sad I know but to be fair it is from 2012 and the fans did last they say over 50k hours this last time... Yes my Camera has an hour meter lol... I am not sure it work I guess they just guess how long they should last.. Sadly I tossed the old ones and went out to the Dump... It was to cold to go back out and install the camera today and I do have my 12x in this thread back there watching some of the area...

Anyway someone asked me about Auto Tracking and said kind of that I am FULL of BS about my cameras.. So I thought while I don' t want to share my Location of some of my Main Cameras for Security Reasons I have shared some of my Amcrest Footage so I have this camera in my office connected to my Test Ch7... and I thought this might be a good time to show the features in the OSD.. Oh and since the last photo of my 12x I have changed all my cameras over to 2400 baud rather then the 9600 I was working with before.. Had plenty of bandwidth but for some reason 2 of my cameras at the end of the run didn't want to work all the time on 9600 so I changed the speed and now they have worked without issue... So that is why my 37x will show 2400...

So main reason I am showing is because with it on my Desk and pointing at cameras people have seen it isn't showing any of the area that it is protecting... I almost posted a picture some time ago where it is mounted on the Parapet but after uploaded it to my computer I figured might not be a safe bet to have everyone see the placement not that anyone would be able to get around its view lol... I still might break down and show my Motion setup. I have 6 total around my home that are connected to different cameras with Alarm inputs this one while it has 8 in only using 3 and 1 of them is shared with my 12x... By the way to wire this camera I have 2 Cat5e and 2 Siamese cables with total of 4 18ga wire.. Alarm and RS-485 is on the Cat5e and power is running on 10ft of 16ga wire form my 25vac Power supply the Sensors are powered over the 18ga wire off the Siamese cable.. Cameras like these you don't want to play around and not pull enough cables... Yes I still have a few and I have 2 inputs that come to my DVR for Strobe so I know there is Human detection in the back yard as that sensor rejects pets but does detect Deer a few times a year and the bear last year lol...
37x One of many to be honest
20200510_025801.jpg
20200510_025801.jpg (68.7 KiB) Viewed 688 times
AutoTrack
20200510_013938.jpg
20200510_013938.jpg (165.41 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Fixed/Moved
20200510_013943.jpg
20200510_013943.jpg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Tracking
20200510_013949.jpg
20200510_013949.jpg (162.61 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Detection
20200510_013954.jpg
20200510_013954.jpg (161.3 KiB) Viewed 688 times
I was about to post it when I thought why not post data info on the camera it self.. One thing I forgot I did buy this camera back in 2011 however within 4 or 5 months I had an issue and needed a new Module so the Camera in it is the second one and was from 2012 but is the same that was there just has new FW... Sadly these are not Ip cameras and I can't get updates plus Samsung that I bought these from is no longer so I am sure the Other company they sold to wouldn't even do updates for these I don't think.. I am sure there is newer models released after this...
20200510_035115.jpg
20200510_035115.jpg (195.32 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Be Safe.