Can I run (2) wireless 842 cameras on (1) 2amp power supply?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Hotrod53

Can I run (2) wireless 842 cameras on (1) 2amp power supply?

Post by Hotrod53 »

I have one existing camera in a location, I just happened upon a few more identical cameras. Can I tap off of the existing camera that is close by with the 12V power? Per the specs, the power supply is 2 amps and the camera seems to pull much less than half of that. Has anyone done it? I think that I'd split the lead and upgrade the power supply before I added another discrete power supply because of the location.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I run (2) wireless 842 cameras on (1) 2amp power supply?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking at the Specs for the camera it says that yes it comes with a 12v 2amp power supply then right below that it says it uses 7w or < less then 7w of current. So in theory yes you could run 2 cameras on 1 power supply as that would be after a conversion of lets go max out of 14w yet it does say less. However with it maxed out at 14w on 12v that would be around 1.17 ish amps. I would say that the max anyone would want to run the 2amp power supply is less than 1.45amps and even less than that is best so as long as there is little to no voltage drop for the distance of the connection to the camera it should be alright.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe