Camera Checking Program

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
pjm1

Camera Checking Program

Post by pjm1 »

Hi All,

I have been doing some experimenting with the Amcrest camera API. I have written a small simple program that can be used to check one or more Amcrest cameras. I have attached a screen shot to show what the program looks like. I am including a blurb from the readme file that goes with the program. If you would like to try it out please email me at [email protected]

Thank You

The program provides the following info for each camera:

1. The name of the camera

2. A status indicator - a check mark is good an X is bad

3. The date and time from the camera. This can be useful to see if your camera's time is drifting or has
been reset or is otherwise incorrect.

4. An indication of whether the camera has any logging available. Logs will petty much always exist.
When they do the program will create a file named the same as the camera name in a folder called cameras.
The first 100 log messages from the camera will be dumped into the file.

5. The IP address that is associated with a user. Note that there will always be at least one user reported.
That user will be what the program logged in with. The source IP in that case will be the IP address of
the computer you are running the program on. If you see additional users logged in you will see the IP
addresses that they logged in from as well. This might be legitimate (for instance maybe you are running
a program like Blue Iris which might also need to log in or you might be checking your camer out from your
phone). If you are not doing something like this then the info could be quite useful in determining if
someone is lurking on your camera.

6. The reported user's login time. This could also be useful to determin how long someone has been
"lurking"

7. The user being reported on. Again there will always be at least one. If there are more than one this
can be a quick visual check to see if there is unauthorized access to this program.
camcheck.jpg
camcheck.jpg (207.14 KiB) Viewed 624 times