Breaking down buying the AD410

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Breaking down buying the AD410

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK OK so I just don't have enough Doorbells lol.. 3 Ad110, a Hikvision OEM, Ring Pro and now just bought a Ad410 and should be here within the next week paying an extra 30 for shipping 2 days I hope it goes out Monday and I should get by Wed.. I shall see what happens lol..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Breaking down buying the AD410

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Yesterday was a Holiday for the 4th of July so it is reported to have Shipped in todays Fedex. Thur is my guess. Starting to wonder what I am going to do with it lol. Maybe do a Side by side testing with some of my other Doorbells lol like that would be fair.

I will for sure do a testing of AD110 and Ad410 on 1 Digital Chime and 1 power supply as I am sure there are people wondering how or what. I think this time I will setup the test using 30 feet of Cat5e to the AD110 and 30feet to the AD410. (May go as much as 60 to each) I will use 2 pairs of wires for each peg so in total this would be the same as using a 20awg to each camera. to be honest that is more like 21awg so it isn't even as good as someone running 20awg the 30feet. But in my table of cable that should work at 30 feet that should be just fine with only a 2.32% drop both cameras will get plenty of voltage.. Only a 4.65% drop at 60ft so both ways should be perfect..

Went to help a Friend with his Ad110 and he said he was having some issues at night. Did what I said with 2 pairs a peg only issue is that he damaged the wire and it didn't have all the true pairs running the current so in high demand it fails. I removed all the wires cut off all the ends and made them work without breaking or nicking any of the wires so now all the wires are working as expected and he said last night it ran all night in IR without going offline.. Had Bell wire with me in case his cable was bad beyond doing anything with. I will admit I have seen some cat cable abused and the wire inside was burnt so anytime you try to strip the wire it just breaks in a case like that Pull and Replace is only option..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well looks like paying the extra didn't pan out the way I wanted.. So as I said before, 5th was Day for Holiday that was on Sunday so no mail, Tue it left as expected and made it from Tx to Tn and I felt it wasn't going to make it when it sat at that hub for 9 hours before it departed once again. Shortly after noon today it is at a Hub just under 2 hours away and while the website says it should be here by 8 tonight my guess that isn't going to happen.. Website hasn't updated that it's out for Delivery so unless someone that works there lives in this area and they take it to deliver on the way home looks like tomorrow will be the day..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Got the Doorbell camera today.. So far here are some of the things I am not all to fond of myself..

Mounting the Doorbell (Don't seem very secure to me)
I was confused when trying to setup the Doorbell at first because it comes up as a ASH product and I was expecting a DB product...
Mounting screws that came with Camera need to be used. #1 Philip screw driver is a must (Not Provided)

For me when I access the doorbell on the Smart Home app it acts like my ASH26 with the way the menu comes up. This has a Siren and light button, When I press siren nothing happened maybe it is for a feature that isn't offered yet.. The Light while I didn't test it I am going to guess it is what turns on the LED at the bottom of the camera facing down. I have seen this on a different camera..

On this camera there is some flaps on the back that if you are holding the doorbell camera to the side the Micro SD slot flap kept coming up and while this is designed to hang down I am not sure about the air that might go behind this connection when you install the doorbell camera I have it under cover installed right now so that isn't an issue for me at this time...

Some good things.

This doorbell is still able to work with 12vdc, and 16 to 24vac... When you make this connection on a system without a Doorbell in your home, say if you have a cabin or a Tiny home you want to make a connection on and don't have a use for a Interior doorbell system when you get to that part of your install at the bottom of the page is a SKIP button just make sure to Skip adding a doorbell if you are not connecting to one. Doing so you will not have to install the Chime KIT..

Also on this camera there is a PORT on the back with a Flap that you can connect to a USB connection. so they offer a lot of connection options. The packaging is little Mis-leading because the yellow sticker on the back that is covering the 2 Wire Terminals to connect to only 16-24vac doorbell system but I am running the doorbell right now on 12vdc from one of my CCTV PDU and the camera is working just great without any delays or lag at this time...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok tested siren again and does work also light has on strobe and off options
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so there are a lot to cover here.. First, I tested this unit out in 2 different types of connections and while both of them worked out just fine I did notice a little bit of an issue while I had it connected to my system where I have 2 M5's over a Wifi connection that is around 1800'. How this is setup, I have my main Modem/Router, connected to my Netgear Nighthawk router, I then have a cable going into one of my giga lan ports of my Switch, From my switch I have a M5, over Wifi bridge to another M5 that is then connected to a TP-Link Router in the Internet in port. This connection normally has a good path and all bars when connected. I did Reboot the local and the remote unit before I went and installed the AD410. I made a connection and was able to get a connected to network message.. I then went back to my house and tested out the doorbell.. Had some issue with connection a couple of times and I am not sure if it was the traffic in the Wifi or if there was a different Wifi that was making the issue. I did test another camera I have there it was connected to the router via Ethernet cable and there was a good connection on WebUI even while it was recording to my NVR it could have been just bandwidth issue.. SO I removed it from that location and installed it in another location this one is different... Same starting connection, Main cable modem router, to my Nighthawk router, to my Switch, this then goes to another 2 switches both Giga bit, then to another TP-link router where I made the connection to the AD410.. Since the reset and setup to this router there has been no delay or lag and able to connect in app loading in about 3 seconds when I start up the app. I have turned off the Motion for normal, I then turned on for Human motion and so far it has not given anything outside of a person even though there has been bugs, bunnies, ground hog, 2 skunks, 2 cats and Racoon that just started coming around a week ago.
So far I have tested the camera with light coming on with motion not sure I like it. I do have it in an area that isn't well lit However there are at this time 5 cameras in that area that are working in Night IR mode and 2 cameras in the area that are Color at night mode.. One thing I wish this would do I am sure there is a CGI I could run to make it happen I have not looked up any at this time for it, But I wish it would run B/W with IR off turning off the IR will make the camera color.. I run the 1 camera facing in almost same direction as the doorbell in color however light is off. The other color camera in the area is around 40 degrees out of the field of view and I do use that LED at night seeing it is an Analog 1080p camera with 2 light options with light off not an option.
20210710_005427.jpeg
20210710_005427.jpeg (805.05 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
This picture is with the LED on the Doorbell
20210710_005904.jpeg
20210710_005904.jpeg (937.13 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I too just purchased and installed the AD410 as a replacement to the AD110. My motivation was primarily the human detection feature to reduce false alerts. I only have one front door that needs a doorbell camera so will retire or give away the AD110 as I did the Skybell doorbell before it.

It's interesting that you now have 6 doorbell cameras. Can't imagine keeping up with all the alerts from them along with your plethora of other security cameras. Too frequent alerts from one DB was bad enough for me to replace it.

FYI - I ordered the AD410 from Amazon on Friday and it was delivered Saturday - 1-day Prime shipping, no extra cost. And you paid $30 extra for 2 day shipping that ended up taking 6 days? I guess you ordered it direct from Amcrest, but their site lists a $5 upcharge for 2 day???

I agree that the thin plastic mounting bracket for the AD410 is inferior, especially compared to the AD110's steel bracket. And the AD410 just snaps on, easily removed. No "security" star screw either. You don't have to use the same tiny screws that are provided. You can use much larger screws, but given that the DB just snaps onto plastic tabs, there's not much point using larger bracket mounting screws.

Toggling the light and siren via the app works fine for me. However, on shared accounts, these features are inexplicably disabled in the app, even if all permissions to control the DB for shared users are enabled. I'll be submitting a bug report on that.

I liked the WDR improvement in the AD110 when it was set to a low setting. When enabling it in the AD410, colors were terribly washed out. The WDR setting is just on or off, and off is much better when the sun is overhead, not direct. (Front door faces East). There needs to be an intensity setting and/or time of day schedule for WDR in the app, but I will play with the API to see if WDR quality can be improved.

The most interesting thing I've learned about the AD410 is that the human detection is leveraging IVS Intrusion Detection! So when you define the bounding box in the app for human detection, any object that crosses into the box is analyzed for a human shape before triggering a CrossLineDetection Event (via a rule named "IVS-1"). The rule is designed so that the event should only be triggered when a human ENTERS the bounding box. So in theory, leaving the house through the front door should not trigger an event if the box is drawn right. I'm still experimenting with this to find the best pattern as I really like not having an alert exiting the house.

3rd party software such as Home Assistant or Blue Iris that subscribes to the AD410's motion detection will NOT see human detection events (only VideoMotion events) unless they have enabled advanced IVS CrossLine Detection event capability. My Dahua NVR does recognize the AD410 IVS human detection setting, which is great.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very nice Thank you for the Testing and info you have added..

WOW 2 days your seeing for 5$ I guess I am in an area where that isn't able to be so low.. Mine was for 2 Business days. Monday was a Holiday for most people last week with the day before being the 4th it was observed on Monday. So I knew when I paid that it wouldn't go out until Tue, my shipping Label says 2 Business Days and had a Delivery date of 8th by 8pm.. I also failed to put in the Discount code so I paid full price for the doorbell as well lol.. Oh well.. Main reason I paid for fast delivery is because it was Holiday weekend and having to wait a few days before it would ship was hard enough lol

So about the Doorbell plate, The back side plate I am guessing is with the 4 tabs to help keep the plate lined up while it is screwed to the wall The first time I connected the cameras back plate to mounting plate I used Drywall screws and when I tried to put the camera in place it wouldn't let me get past the screws to snap in the camera. Removed the drywall screws and used the ones that came with the camera and was happy to see it worked and the camera was able to slip into the base and I did test the removal tool as well..

I have not looked at the camera much. I have not tested it on a NVR yet, There is something that I will need to remove one of my Ad110 and want to install in like location that I have the 410 in to see if it does the same but at Sunset with the way my Doorbell is positioned to the sun when not hidden by clouds there is a lot of Pink in the picture at sun set. Wonder if it is using ICR or if it is just dual color crystal in front of the sensor?

About the Motion alerts.. The one that drives my son in sane is the one that says There is Motion at the Front door lol.

About the 410 alerts I am not sure about the leaving because before I enter the area I turn off the motion in the app and turn it back on after I have left the area. for me first icon on the smart home app for the doorbell. To be honest I wish it was like one of my other devices that offers Geo Fencing and or Motion Snooze with that I only need to touch the device app once. I click Motion snooze and a timer comes up lets me pick a time, I want to mow the lawn I can choose 1hr or however long is needed and it returns active after set time... The good news is for me anyway that the Human motion works for me. All the little animals and bugs have not set it off, The 850 IR when I move the camera around don't set off motion alert..

All in all I do find the 410 an upgrade to the 110. I do like that it works with 12vdc, 16-24vac and hope anyone that is using a 24vac transformer is doing so alone without the Chime Kit because it has the same chime kit the AD110 has.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Side by side Ad110 and Ad410
Screenshot_20210714-163007_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-163007_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (967.34 KiB) Viewed 6172 times
Screenshot_20210714-162955_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-162955_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (832.71 KiB) Viewed 6172 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I uploaded this from my phone and didn't really look at the quality of pictures but looking now it seems that the 4mp is in SD and guess I have not fixed the time another thing I didn't look at seeing it is so dim and even though it was overcast it was bright out and couldn't see well enough. Tomorrow I will make sure to change both to HD and take a the pair of Pictures again.. It is my Guess looking at the pictures now that they had to be in SD.. One of the things I am sure I already mentioned is Wish the Water Mark could be removed on the 410
Be Safe