Bad certificates on downloaded files

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
GreenScrew

Bad certificates on downloaded files

Post by GreenScrew »

I just bought a ProHD and had a lot of issues with the associated files and plug-ins having bad digital certificates. Are these files safe? Why aren't the certs fixed? Seems shoddy practice...
savvy2

Re: Bad certificates on downloaded files

Post by savvy2 »

it is shoddy.
mine expired on my 3 almost new camera's
ended, 2016 (im still shopping for 3 new cameras, talking the loss of $450 in the shorts) from AMcrest.
i do not buy foscams ever, not one.

so don't buy any IOT ,internet of things, with short duration certificates.. ( what a pain)
also remotely from far far outside USA fails for sure SSL, testing now...
and for sure , does not like these modern browsers
Edge = hopeless.
IE11 only with security set to none and tell it over and over 6 times live, no the camera is a not unsafe.
firefox 60 fails. I think above version 52 when lots of script support ended. at FF.
chrome,(i boycott google so... there is that) and apple too. (then do not pay dividends I boycott them jokers)

why can not the maker publish a list of SSL certified camer's why is that so hard.
why can not they list all modern browser that work (fire fox v20 protable does)
I do not want to use tiny cell phone to watch my camera ever. i want huge screen gee after all we paid HD.

retired tech, posting. .
James.S

Post by James.S »

Thank you all for your information provided, We are looking to resolve this issue soon. We have a new certificate however are running into some complications with the website.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@Jim Smyth,

Please reach out to us at [email protected] I would like to have an agent here in Houston look into your cameras further. Perhaps we will find another issue and can get you back up and recording before we resolve the certificate issue.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@Jim Smyth

The certificate has been renewed, If you are still running into issues please send an email to us so I can further assist you.
bryanovereem

Post by bryanovereem »

Hello. Having similar problems. How do I go about getting the new certificate and how to install?
Thanks.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@bryanovereem

Please reach out to us we would definitely like to work with you directly to investigate why this is still occurring.