AT5N28-W seeking info

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AT5N28-W seeking info

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So looking for some information on this camera. I have this and a couple of other Analog Amcrest cameras coming and I am seeking some info about this camera in the Subject line.

So I know it is a 5mp white led Color camera at night. However looking over the specs it says it offers Smart Light and normally this means that the camera can be setup a few different ways. So while new cameras of IP or Analog always seem to come with little info until at such a time that it has been updated with more in-depth specs.

So I have some different branded Color at night 2mp cameras. I have 1 that is pure white led at night with siren and red/blue flashing. No special Smart light feature outside of the alarms. Then I have another 2mp white led color at night camera that has what is called Smart Light. However this is called that because this camera can use IR for B/W and when it detects motion turn on the White Leds and record in Color.. So I know some of Dahua camera that look like the AT5N28-W that has Smart Light has both IR and White Leds.

So I am looking for someone with more info on this camera if it does in fact have Smart Light with IR and White Leds or is it just called smart light because it can be setup if you have enough light in the area to not have the Leds on until there is a motion event? In my Dahua AI DVR, I would be able to setup with the Light option under motion or even under IVS events.

Down fall of my 2mp cameras with this option is they are from Hikvision format and the Smart light only works on my Hikvision format DVR that I don't use anymore because they don't support my RS-485 PTZ cameras..

What I can see about this Camera it does purely look like a Color camera with White Leds only. Would be nice to get some with the Dual Light. Some people like to have the ability to work like the ASh47, or ASH26 that have DVR's. It is very easy to setup on the DVR's using the cameras OSD..

Love to hear if you have this camera what your thoughts are on the cameras night time. The Tracking says I should have my Cameras by Friday. Paid for the faster ship time. Hate to wait 2 weeks lol.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AT5N28-W seeking info

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a Word of Caution for people with the 2020 FW installed in the 7108-AI DVR. It seems there might be an issue with the DVR's FW. Oddly the new camera don't play well with the DVR. It only brings up CVI at 3mp no matter what I do Even trying to mess with Coding type in the Encoding page, Setting the Camera to CVI, setting the channel type to CVI gets same result. Also the camera has built in Mic and there is no audio from camera to DVR besides some crazy Alien sounds form another world. Then there is no OSD either when using CVI and the camera don't leave B/W mode either. Kind of like what happens when you put a CVI camera on a TVI DVR. The camera goes into a B/W mode only and that is it..

Adding the channel back in Type to Auto and testing the other settings the 7108 runs TVI at 4mp and 30FPS however there is no Audio option in the Encoding page to turn on or off the Mic and no sound. However the OSD does work and camera seems to work well with the Smart Light. I really wish that meant it would work with no light until motion but that don't seem like a feature. it is on and does get brighter if the area is really dark. However you can make changes in the OSD to keep the light at the Desired level.

I didn't look at the OSD in AHD mode, That did work at 4mp and the OSD came up. I just started the OSD and then closed it. In CVBS mode, I will change again and see if the camera will work on another DVR from Amcrest that I have had for a good few years. the 7204. However I don't think that DVR will work with the camera in CVBS (960H) mode even though it says it should however my Amcrest 960h camera don't even work on the DVR so I don't have much hope for it but will check just because..

Now does the camera work in 5mp mode. Yes. If I install the camera on my 8m16-H5 DVR in CVI mode the camera does register as 5mp.

The 7108-AI DVR is running FW V4.001.00AC000.7, Build Date: 2020-08-21

Will wait to see what comes about with a new FW update for the DVR.. For almost 300USD back when I bought new from Amcrest without a HDD I was feeling like it was the best DVR of all the ones I own besides the 8m16-H5 coming in the close second they are the best DVR's I own. Almost said all recorders however the 4216E-AI NVR is really the top best of my Fleet even with some of it's flaws..

Can't upload images again..

https://imgur.com/a/Ga8akjZ
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AT5N28-W seeking info

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So have done loads of testing and this camera still don't want to work in CVI mode. Anyone else have this camera? So Thought maybe it was an issue with the cables I was using. I have some cables made up with Cat5e that I have tested the camera on as well and still only works in 3mp and alien audio. The issue with 3mp in CVI is that as I have said before it is only in B/W. The camera acts like a TVI camera or should I say acts like a CVI camera when put on a TVI only DVR lol.

So how did I setup my Cat5e cable? I used 2 pairs for power and 1 pair for video.

So where is what is odd. My 8mp CVI or should I say my 4-1 Amcrest 8mp camera the AMC4kDM28 camera works in 8mp without an issue. When I did my first test with it I had some issue with Audio. I even tested it on 80 feet of Cat5e. Because of the distance this time I used 3 pairs for Power and 1 pair for video. The camera worked well in 8mp however using 60 feet BNC or the 80ft of cat5e the Audio works strange. I will get a working sound then there will be a Audio POP and not sound. Then the sound returns and just does this over and over..

However today using a 10 feet of Cat5e the 8mp no longer has the POP in the audio and stays constant. So I thought ok lets check the 5mp camera and still CVI only 3mp with alien audio if turned on lol..

So I still wait with hope of a new Firmware that won't break my 7108-AI DVR but will fix the ability to run these cameras without any issue. They work on my AMDV8M16-H5 without any issue both the 5mp and 8mp cameras Audio and video alike..
Be Safe