Are there any videos on how to set up the 720p?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
bobs409

Are there any videos on how to set up the 720p?

Post by bobs409 »

I can't make any sense out of this user manual! :evil: The information is so VAGUE it's ridiculous! Love some of the entries where it says when you're happy with the settings on this page, click apply. (it never tells you what the hell those settings do or how to set them)

Thank God for the video's on how to get local access or I wouldn't even be this far. Are there any video's like that for all the different features and how to set those up? Whoever wrote this manual must think everyone reading it is a computer nerd. I can't even find out how to get the PTZ function working. Or how to set the camera's to record on a schedule. At this point, I'd settle for the basics.

There has to be a better way somehow. I sure do believe all those reviews now about the poor instructions. Piss poor is more like it! :roll:
Craig

Re: Are there any videos on how to set up the 720p?

Post by Craig »

The user's manual is a joke. I agree and cannot believe Amcrest would even waste the time with such nonsense.

I can help with some things. I have picked up the Amcrest systems pretty quickly, but I have not dealt with PTZ.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Did you download the user manual from the support section of the Amcrest web site? To know about additional features , click on the help center icon on the top right of the cameras' web interface as you go to each settings. You can find explanation on each and every settings here.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

bobs409

Post by bobs409 »

Thanks. I didn't notice any help icons but will see if those help me.

Bob

P.S. My mistake on the PTZ. I somehow thought this one had that feature but it doesn't.
bobs409

Post by bobs409 »

I don't see any help icons but have downloaded a copy of a "competitors" system that is similar. (searching Lorex DV700 will find it on google) Their manual actually shows you how to do things so if anyone else is having trouble, check that out.

Bob