API command for Email

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

API command for Email

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure I will be able to do this anyway. However sometime ago now my Web Host changed the way I have to setup Emails for my service. The address that I have to put in is no longer mail.myhost.com like it was before. Now the server has more letters then what the input will allow. So I thought maybe I would be able to set up using API?

I know my email works as I have it setup in a Dahua NVR and a Dahua Camera.. Both of them types work. Also setup for my Hikvision cameras and DVR's. however when I setup in my Amcrest NVR or DVR's I get to the last 5 and it cuts off. Last part of my server address is hostingplatform.com and everything up to r goes in and everything behind that will not enter. Copy and past the info and the last letter is r while looking in my Dahua NVR sure it will only show upto r however I can scroll over to the end after .com.

So I am wondering if using API if I could get my Email entered in my Amcrest Devices. There is no example of how to send the email API command so wondering if anyone has used the API for this that is willing to show the command line that worked for them.

Thanks.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: API command for Email

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So after whole bunch of trying what should work and what gives me an ok when I send the command. When I go look to see if there is any data in the email setup for server all field are empty. So I am at a loss. I am not sure if part of my address is only for my service or if it is the same for all services and they translate it from the email being used. So I will remove a portion of the address in place with xxxx incase it is setup for my domain and I don't put my email server at risk. netsol-smtp-xxxx.hostingplatform.com So that address is the whole line with only xxxx in place of the real letters that was there. When I setup everything can be added besides the last 5 aka last 4 letters and the . for a total of 5.. When I send the whole string in CGI I do get an ok however when I go look in the email window for the NVR it is all gone.

So if anyone has any help on the matter Thank you in Advance.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: API command for Email

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So changed out one of my other NVR's for my 4216E-Ai NVR. Seeing I don't need 16ch at that location anymore and even the 4216E-AI NVR will not let me add in my Network Solutions email server. I don't know if any of you are using their service. Just got an email today that in Jan all systems will need to be updated to the new SMTP server over the normal smtp.yourdomain.xxx so oh well. It is odd that my new 4108-A2 works with the new one. Hope that Amcrest gets an update out for the 4216E-Ai NVR and the like. As much as they cost new and no new update since the year released........
Be Safe.