Anyone using VLC to serve RTSP to NVR?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Anyone using VLC to serve RTSP to NVR?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have a couple of older systems that I can just connect to Zero Channel directly. However using Amcrest NVR I can't not access the Zero Channel of my Amcrest DVR.. So I thought Ok I can RTSP the feed, So I setup VLC on my server and I can get it to load the feed in VLC, I can look at it using RTSP url from my Win10 box but I can't get the feed to enter in my NVR.. For my other *older systems* I just use custom, ip address and rtsp port 554 and with the tunnel IP I can access them to record to my Local NVR..

So I don't have any more of them older different brand DVR's to setup a 3rd for one of my places on the West Coast. So I figured seeing I have a Linux box there and one of My Amcrest DVR's that I can stream the Zero Channel, I would do that. It is crazy that when i connect my NVR and try to access the URL for the zero channel it will not let me.

I also don't know why I can't get my Zero Channel over VLC server on my Linux machine. When I try to setup my Script it says there is a connection issue and the RTSP feed won't load as written. I have it setup the same way that I am accessing it with my Win10 where I can stream my Zero Channel.

This is the code I am using only thing is I changed my password in this text.. Oh also made new account with just normal letter and numbers in case that was the issue with same result.. Code below is for one of my 8ch Recorders. channel=9 is the Zero Channel, channel=17 16ch and 33 is for my 32ch

1 Last thing. I know the code works because I took a MP4 and added that to my setup in place of my RTSP feed details and I can stream that from my Windows box and in one of my Dahua recorders I can play the servers ip address RTSP feed on port 8554.

Code: Select all

cvlc -vvv rtsp://admin1:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=9&subtype=0 --sout '#transcode{vcodec=h264,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/live}'
Be Safe.