Anyone using Face Recognition/Detection sending to Emails

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Anyone using Face Recognition/Detection sending to Emails

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So last month I worked with a friend of mine to setup his AI NVR and a Amcrest IP4M-1046EW-AI camera. We did the Push Notices and he liked the instant notice. However after a couple of weeks he figured that email might be the best way to keep a backup of the data collected. After some discussion on setting up Email he found that all the notices he was getting was about 2 to 3 minutes after the event happened. So I am wondering if anyone that has their NVR setup to send emails if your emails are showing the same details?

So in the emails it shows the event happens at lets say 2:23.22 He gets the push alert at 2:23.28. However when he checks the email server there is nothing there. However at 2:25 he will get an email and it reflects that it was the image event that happen at 2:23:22. So at first I tell him it must be because the email server takes time to update emails and had him test a Refresh right after the event happened and still nothing there until almost 2 or 3 min later. Because the camera is connected to a POE port on the NVR, I had him move it to a port on his POE switch. After doing this the results are kind of strange. The camera once setup with Email he gets the Alert in Email right away almost the same time that he is getting the Push notice yet the NVR is still 2 to 3 minutes later.

I would do the testing myself. However because my Email SMTP server address is to large for my Amcrest recorders and I have only found 1 Amcrest camera that I can put my Server info in it is to cold with snow on the ground for these old bones to be going out for testing and no one is going back where my 2685 is mounted for testing. I thought maybe someone with Amcrest NVR and camera might have some info they would be willing to provide.
Screenshot (819).png
Screenshot (819).png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
Be Safe.