Anyone getting emails?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Anyone getting emails?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure if it is my Server that is the issue or the Devices. However looking over my Email accounts either at my dot com or dot us email it seems none of them are working with devices. I check the MX, A and DNS and all servers report they are up and working.

Looking at my email boxes 7-23 was the last emails before I strangely got 11 emails last Tuesday the 26th. The 11 emails was from 1 account to 1 account on my .us server from 3 different devices. Now I did have a Lightning Storm that killed some devices 2 POE Switches one being my Plus 24 port and my normal POE. One of my Costly OLD Tech CVBS 37x auto tracking PTZ cameras died, my ASH47 lost a power supply. First I thought camera was done because the first Power supply from my 960h Amcrest DVR was not working when I tested that one and after trying one of my 4108-HS the ASH47 is back to life.

So some of the devices that I had on POE switches are now on my POE NVR's however it don't help when my NVR's are not sending emails I did have emails from my 8m16-H5, 7108-AI, 4108-HS. However none of the cameras that are still on my normal network with email setup all of the devices report fail if I test. Everything is still going to my FTP server that I have setup to. Just wondering if any one else is having Email issues right now.

Thanks.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Anyone getting emails?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know looking today at my .us email I find that I had 275 emails on Tuesdays looking at the devices it is only 2 that I have setup for Email Testing on a timed event. So I thought I had changed the 850EB to every 60 min however it was setup for every min. Then the next one that I had setup for email was my 4108E and it is setup for every hour because that is setup for Minutes where the 850EB is setup for Seconds and both set for 60.. What is odd is they both started working and I have one being sent from my .com email and one sent from a email from my .us and both are going to a .us email account..

From all the changes in settings and things I have turned off most of my Devices from sending emails and moved them back to Push however that is a different issue to get to work anyway..

What is odd is that the server had less then 300 emails between 2 devices over a 8 hour and 15min of items. Now the one sending out every 60 seconds don't really send them every Min because of the way the Interval was setup and is why there wasn't more emails in that 8 hours.. Either way it is odd. I have talked to my Email server provider and they assure me that my Emails are setup right on their end and my MX, DNS, A records are all right. Telling me that being able to access, send and receive emails from my Webmail should be proof enough that it works. Then they tell me that because what I am dealing with is a Device that I need to pay their 3rd Teir Support to access my computer and devices to setup the email out seeing I must not know how to setup the systems.. That is PURE BS and a Money Grab setup.. Also I have not touched my 2 devices that sent out emails on Tue for some time and they started working for 8hours and stopped working with no help from me.. It is my Email Provider I am sure and not my Devices.

I know at least my Network isn't blocking the emails, I have my IP's setup on a White list to make sure my emails and IP were not blocked. I mean geez I know it is the service because they tell me that the servers changed in July and that is when I started having issue is when my Backbone servers changed to a different provider.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Anyone getting emails?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Did not look until after my email Support Staff went home, However tomorrow I am going to contact them because today the 26th all devices have reached out that I have setup for emails. I mean for testing I even setup my Router to send me an email and it has been setup for the last week+ to send my Router logs every night at 1am. First one was 1am the 26th.. It has a Send email button, so I have even sent them again just a few moments ago and I got the email no issue however for the last 6 days not 1 email there is no way they can say it is an issue with my Recorders, cameras and even my Samsung IP cameras that are setup for sending email today has been sent to my servers. Because of the issues I did setup a few going to my .com server thinking it was an issue with my .us server and both of them today have been sent emails from my Devices..

I am going to guess that it will like Magic stop sending on the 27th and I won't even get a email from my Router at 1am seeing that is what happen last month. Emails came the 26th none after until . Don't like being told it is an issue on my side that I have to pay Top tier Support for the issue.. 3 years on my .com has been paid service that I feel I am being cheated trying to blame my Devices..

Now I am sure it isn't a Deice issue, I mean I have Amcrest, Dahua, Hikvision, Yi, Netgear plus others all setup for email that all fail and work at the same time together.. Hosted by same company on different core servers and different IP's.. Also all my Devices I have entered into a white list as they first thought it might be the issue. (It wasn't)
Be Safe