Amcrest Web View does not connect

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
alexz

Amcrest Web View does not connect

Post by alexz »

Hi everyone:

I have been using Amcrest Web View (for Chrome, on Windows 10) to connect to my 3 Amcrest cameras. However, today, I could not connect to any of my cameras. I double checked my cameras' IP addresses -- they are correct.

Any tips / suggestions will be appreciated!

Alex.
alexz

Re: Amcrest Web View does not connect

Post by alexz »

By the way, the error message is: Connection timed out.
James.S

Post by James.S »

alexz wrote:By the way, the error message is: Connection timed out.

What model of cameras do you have?
alexz

Post by alexz »

I have the IP3M-941W cameras.

I have figured out why Amcrest Web View was not able to connect to my cameras. The reason was: I have two wireless networks at home (one of which is Orbi). My Windows PC was connected to one wireless network, and my cameras were connected to the other. Once I connect my Windows PC to the same wireless network, then I am able to connect the cameras.

Hope this is useful to other users --

Alex.
James.S

Post by James.S »

alexz wrote:I have the IP3M-941W cameras.

I have figured out why Amcrest Web View was not able to connect to my cameras. The reason was: I have two wireless networks at home (one of which is Orbi). My Windows PC was connected to one wireless network, and my cameras were connected to the other. Once I connect my Windows PC to the same wireless network, then I am able to connect the cameras.

Hope this is useful to other users --

Alex.

Glad this has worked out, it's also a very good point to bring up the importance of making sure to check what network you're on when programming or trying to connect to the camera.