Amcrest Surveillance Pro - Cameras Good on Phones - Cannot find Network Host on Laptop?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
sproots

Amcrest Surveillance Pro - Cameras Good on Phones - Cannot find Network Host on Laptop?

Post by sproots »

I have just spent a few days trying to get 4 IP3M-943 cameras up on a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi router.

After some strangeness with dealing with the 2.4G/5G split banding I have the cameras on the router.

But after the final setup, static IP on camera/reserved same IP on Router, now all of a sudden the laptop using Surveillance pro cannot find the "Network Host" for the cameras. Cameras are still fine on the cell phone that was used to initial setup (Ethernet-WiFi setup OK).

I know about the 2.4g limitation for these cameras and made sure that they are attached to only the 2.4g band of the router. The laptop is also showing on the router as 2.4g connection.

Is there a common issue and fix for why Surveillance Pro can't find the signal on the same WiFi connection when it is fine everywhere else?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro - Cameras Good on Phones - Cannot find Network Host on Laptop?

Post by Melvin »

Hello sproots ,

Please try manually adding the camera with its IP address and TCP port. Ensure to provide the correct username and password for the camera.

You can find the IP of the camera using the IP config tool from a PC.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

lford6343*

some cameras not working

Post by lford6343* »

I have 5 in my house and suddenly 2 quit. I called my Daughter she has 3 and 2 stopped working. Just like they are not there? I tried unplugging and plugging in. rebooting phone & computer nothing
Roy

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro - Cameras Good on Phones - Cannot find Network Host on Laptop?

Post by Roy »

Try to reconfigure the cameras to dynamic ip and see if it works.