Amcrest in 2020

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
zplugger

Amcrest in 2020

Post by zplugger »

Looking to installing new system in friends house,I don't want any problems with the system to make me look like a idiot.Thinking about the Amcrest NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR, with 6 of the Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 164ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (128GB), Black (IP8M-T2499EB-28MM) for now. Has all the problems with push notifications been fixed? I know this is the Amcrest Forum but would I be better off with different systems. Seems like most of the problems with Amcrest is the phone and software apps. I think you get a lot of system for your money with Amcrest but is it worth the problems.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest in 2020

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I am not sure why people say Problems....

While there are Creative ways to connect things and sometimes people have issues with not the Hardware as intended but what is between the hardware and the end user....

So from what it sounds like asking if Amcrest NVR and Amcrest Cameras going to work and the Short answer is Yes... I can tell you for the FACT you take Said camera and install with said NVR that will work out of the BOX...

Now you add in the fact you want to USE iOS rather then other smart phone like my S9 or even my Wfes S9+ or my Sons Pixel 3XL or our other many Cell phones that they all just PLAIN WORK no issues... I even have my OLD Iphone 6 on software ver 12.2 I don't know they just all work... Sure the iPhone lacks some of the luster of the other phones stated but they all work....

Problem is there is to many issues with other things Push Notices are different the emails... All of my phones or ones that I have access to all work with Push... For what ever reason I had an issue with being able to turn them on a phone but couldn't turn it off after the fact lol... But that isn't hard to fix... I couldn't Blame Amcrest for that... Also here is what I don't understand... Why Blame Amcrest for Google changing the way gmail used to let emails work... When the Hardware was built it worked.. Gmail makes a Change and NOW Amcrest is a the bad guy NO it don't work that way... I have a Camera that will never get Updates... That will never work with Gmail.. but you know what... It still works... Does what they said it will.. Gmail is an option NOT a Warranty of an OPTION... My fix... I bought a URL and pay for server space to have my own mail server so i can have my own mail... Problem solved.. I now on that camera that WON"T get Update and WON't WORK with Gmail but works with my own Email server... Little price to pay for peace of my mind... Not it is SNOWING and I have all my email for motion off hahahaha if I didn't I would have way more alerts then I would ever want to bare....

OPTIONS of out side service is nothing other then options...
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks Revo2Maxx for your input on this, I do not blame Amcrest for this. Can the system I mention above push a SMS notifications with the Amcrest Blue Iris Version 5 software? I would like a sms on my phone compared to a email. With the system above will I see any lagging in the video?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah again it is hard to say... Again Even though they support Blue Iris that again add to the ability to slow things down. And I don't use B I so I am not sure to your question if it has the ability to Push then it should without issue I would guess
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks again
The more deeper I get into this thing the more I learn. I was able to get it to push notifications to my cell phone,that is all I needed. So as long as it works Gmail is not needed.