Amcrest Connect switches failing to login

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
jaydeel

Amcrest Connect switches failing to login

Post by jaydeel »

Since the iOS app was updated to v1.0.1, all my devices fail to log in with the switches (I have three). All attempts time out. In a half-dozen or more reset attempts, I have successfully connected to a switch only once, and could not repeat.

I have restarted my router. No change.

I had no problem before the update.

Btw, Direct mode works just fine.
jaydeel

Re: Amcrest Connect switches failing to login

Post by jaydeel »

UPDATE... I successfully configured all 3 plugs again tonight. I relocated to a different room (upstairs) and reconnected each plug separately. I am still experiencing a few timeouts, but they occur much less frequently than previously. I will redeploy them downstairs tomorrow. I plan to use these plugs to reboot IP Cameras every 3-4 days.

Notes:
1. I am using encryption on the iOS App Configuration screen.

iOS App comments...
1. When the App prompts for "Input protection password", the keyboard defaults to capitalizing the first character. This is what was giving me some problems, as my encryption password began with a lower case letter. Most apps I use default to user selected case on entering passwords. I request that the next version turn off this keyboard setting.
2. On two screens, the "Cancle" button is misspelled.
Amcrest

Post by Amcrest »

Hey Jaydeel,

We apologize for any inconvenience this all may have caused you.
Yet we appreciate you sharing your experience and bringing issues to our attention.
We are definitely working to correct the "Cancle" button in a future firmware update.

And, to address the iOS capitalization issue, you can actually change that setting on your iPhone.
On your iPhone, navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Enable Caps Lock -> *Turn OFF*

Please make sure to let us know if you have any other issues that we can help you with!
jaydeel

Post by jaydeel »

Thank you.

Actually, my iOS capitalization issue is better addressed by this setting:
Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Auto-Capitalization -> *Turn OFF*

However, my comment is this. It seems to me that many apps toggle this setting (if already on) when presenting users with a password entry field. This is the first app where I have experienced the pw entry field being auto-captitalized.