Amcrest AMDV7218-4B4D-B NVR glitches

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
DCGent

Amcrest AMDV7218-4B4D-B NVR glitches

Post by DCGent »

The software for the AMDV7218-4B4D-B NVR camera system has started glitching and a system restore won't restore it just reboots NVR and last firmware update was 2015 any information on how to fix problems? 1) when doing a video playback you can't make a box around target area anymore. 2) when scrolling with mouse the system will zoom in super close. 3) when dragging screen to larger location it won't move or again zooms in to close to view. 4) if able to enlarge screen and zoom in mouse won't move screen. How do I fix these issues? :?:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest AMDV7218-4B4D-B NVR glitches

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@DCGent Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I think what your calling a NVR is rather a DVR.. NVR is for Network IP cameras and while you 8ch might offer 2 maybe 4ch IP the main cameras are over BNC Cables and not over Ethernet cables?

There are a couple of models one has the OLD FW from back in 2015 and the S3 model has a 2017 FW? Is your FW a 3.200 or a 3.210 ver?

So about a box around something on playback are you talking about Smart Search? So say you bring up 4 cameras to play back and double click on one of them there will be a bar that comes up with a grid icon click that then click the area you want to do the fast playback as I call it then press it again then it will fast forward to anything in that area? That is how it works on my Also Discontinued 7204 DVR, and 4108H Nvr also same with my 2116-HS

Scroll wheel in single window and multi window still work for me in all my systems.. While it is digital Zoom...

So here are a few things to think about.. One are you using a Different User name other then Admin if your using admin has the settings been changed that might take away the ability to make these changes?

So I thought it was like my 2116-HS Nvr and had a Reset button and just pulled my 7204 out and found that it don't have a reset button after all.. So I don't want to say there is no way to do a reset outside the icon in the software I am guessing that is something you might want to call Amcrest and ask.. It might be that there are some things that would need to be done with the front panel like Pressing some type of Button combo and it will do a Hardware Factory reset.. I am not sure I thought it has one inside but doesn't it is my 960H dvr from amcrest that does...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is some more info and while some of it just seems like BS because right now I am using a 8ch CVI dvr in place of my 7204 and has been offline with no power for a around a week since I went and pulled it form my Security Closet.. Anyway here is something to try...

Turn off the machine and press the Power button on the front of the DVR for 3 seconds then release it and wait for a few seconds like 10 seconds and now press and hold the power button in on the front for 10 to 15 minutes... This should now once you plug back in and turn back on should have drained the system and started the DVR back at factory.. Remember when you are starting and the Wizard starts you will have to use the default pass and admin user which is admin...

However Docs say that if that didn't work then let it set for a couple to 3 days and the system should reset but again my system has not reset and has been offline no power longer then 3 days so that might be doing the steps above first then after the second time if first failed to start reset.. Then do steps again yet this time after pressing and holding the power button for 15 min leave it unplugged for 2 days or 3 and it should reset..

So Seeing I am not using mine right now I am going to try the Press and hold pOwer and then again for 10min and see if it Resets with that mind you this has already been unplugged for a little time...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that has been fun lol.. So no that didn't work for mine.. While I don't want to say it won't work for yours mine is giving me some strange behavior lol Like for kicks and giggles I plugged a 1080p CVI camera that I own into it and oddly this 720p machine popped up a message that said Encoding changed and while it won't work many FPS it does work the camera at 1080P 7fps and was a nice picture... I will admit it was a Dahua CVI camera but I tried in there once before and it didn't work

Now it might be I didn't hold the button long enough because I will admit it was only 9min to the second because I had a phone call that I had to answer tried to do it holding the button and just couldn't mange it.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so anyone that has done this will say I didn't do it right and that is why it didn't work and I agree.. So sadly I didn't say how to do it right..

What you need to do rather then hold the button for 10 to 15 min you need to hold the button for 3 seconds on 3 seconds off for 10 to 15 min of time... Press and hold for 3 seconds, wait 3 seconds with finger off switch then press it again for 3 seconds and do this over and over again... After writing the above I did it again this time stated 3 on 3 off what a pain but in the end it did work at 10min mark...
Be Safe