Amazon manipulating reviews??

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
amcrest168

Amazon manipulating reviews??

Post by amcrest168 »

i noticed my full review in amazon has been deleted perhaps i have mentioned in the review the amcrest ad110 doorbell video and picture quality are superior than competition "ahem* 'ring' (i did not mention ring) and also not being forced into a cloud subscription solution because nvr recording is supported. well i thought, no biggie since i can simply submit another review but no, i have been flagged, blocked and silenced.

i am getting the impression amazon must be protecting the ring doorbell.
amazon_not_accepting_review.PNG
amazon_not_accepting_review.PNG (11.49 KiB) Viewed 922 times
James.S

Re: Amazon manipulating reviews??

Post by James.S »

@amcrest168, This could be possible, Do you leave a lot of reviews on other products? If you leave a lot of reviews Amazon can get suspicious and suspend the account for reviewing. I am curious if your able to review another product or if your only not allowed to do it on our Doorbell.

Strange indeed.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i hardly submit reviews but my review on the ad110 doorbell was a lengthy one with tips on how to rtsp from main and secondary streams. i also offered constructive criticisms and suggestions whenever i write something hence there should be no reason for amazon to censor an honest product opinion.
James.S

Post by James.S »

That is weird indeed, I will speak with our marketing manager about this issue as other customers could be having this issue and it might be something you can take care of on our end.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i found a product video belonging to a competitor on the amcrest ad110 page. why would amazon allow a video from a competitor product posted as an ad110 product video?
eufy.PNG
eufy.PNG (76.44 KiB) Viewed 886 times
James.S

Post by James.S »

i know what you mean, I have seen this when i was browsing for different type or product. They seem to have " Other sellers videos" section so you can browse around. So Im sure they do this with many many other products/brands.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

James.S wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:37 pm i know what you mean, I have seen this when i was browsing for different type or product. They seem to have " Other sellers videos" section so you can browse around. So Im sure they do this with many many other products/brands.
no the video was posted under the amcrest ad110 'product video' and not under other seller's videos. check it yourself.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Oh, can you send a bigger screenshot of the page so I can share it with the marketing team?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

sure thing.
eurfy.PNG
eurfy.PNG (488.29 KiB) Viewed 869 times
maxwhite

Post by maxwhite »

This is probably just a spam detection thing. Just to prevent spammy reviews I guess. Have you been posting a lot there?