Alarm Disarming

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
McDx

Alarm Disarming

Post by McDx »

Hi everyone. I have a 32 camera system using the ip8m-td2685ew-ai cameras. I use them for security at my linen plant. I have a question about alarm disarming. Sometimes if i have an employee go into the business on off hours, they will trigger the event alarm which sets off an audible alarm in the building. Is there any way to disarm the alarm on the view pro app or surveillance pro? Or if the camera picks up a false motion and triggers the alarm. What way do you guys turn it off? Seems as if there is only an option to disable by "schedule".. which is useless for this case scenario.

I'm also confused about the send email when alarm is disarmed. If the only way to disarm the alarm is by a schedule that i set up, why would i want it send me an email about something i already set up and know about?

Any advise would be greatly appcreacted. Merry christmas..

James
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (45.63 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Alarm Disarming

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Merry Christmas.

So in AVP or ASP I wasn't able to find the feature and might want to go to the Amcrest Feature Request part of the Forum here and ask for it to be added.

However I am not sure what NVR you are using. I know that in a few of my DVR/NVR's I have the ability to disarm my system on the GUI. At the top right corner is a Bell Icon. If you click that and the Bell is with a Slash though it then what ever you have setup in the Disarm Alarm Linkage area will be disarmed.

Now in my Dahua AI devices that has this Bell Icon I can from DMSS click the devices 3 dots on the right, click on Device Details and in there I have a Disable Alarm Linkage. When I click that and it goes blue the Bell Icon goes from red to Slashed. Click that icon again and goes from Slashed back to Red.

So good news bad news. Good news is if you have Local Access or if you use a VPN/Tunnel to your NVR then you can setup DMSS to work with your NVR and be able to access it. However the bad news is if you access via P2P then you can't use DMSS with Amcrest NVR like this as the device has to be setup in IP access mode. Where in the Amcrest app (AVP) you have access to P2P and if that feature was added then you would be able to access with AVP..

Oddly enough I have a few Dahua devices with the feature. There was also something added little while ago that might be useful seeing you said you have loads of these cameras and that was Sync Alarm config with channels. this was a great addition in the FW and seems not all my devices have the feature. The ones that do lets me access the disarming by channels and isn't system wide. Lets say you have a camera on a Vault or something you never want to have the alarm turned off for you click that button and choose the channels you want to work with Disarm.
Screenshot (822).png
Screenshot (822).png (30.33 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Be Safe.