Access via laptop?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
MCD4x4

Access via laptop?

Post by MCD4x4 »

I'm using a IP4M wifi camera. I tried a search but can this camera be accessed via laptop? My work PTZ can be accessed directly through the IP address, are these the same? Thanks for the help...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Access via laptop?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Access IP camera or ASH model camera? IP yes the other is Smarthome device and don't come with webui
Be Safe.
MCD4x4

Post by MCD4x4 »

IP4M-1028E PTZ WiFi camera
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure of a E model. I am going to guess you mean W for White.

That model as all other Amcrest IP cameras will have access to WebUI over the IP that someone setup at the start of the hardware settings from your starting. Normally someone using a Phone to setup for Wifi access will get a P2P connection from the startup. This connection would be for Phone access or could use for ASP as well. However in the camera setup the Router would generate a IP that would be where one could access the Cameras WebUI. Doing so by going to the IP address that your Router gave to the camera. Most times with old FW would need to use IE to access the WebUI. After June access WebUI will need to be done using ASP or Chrome/Edge using IE tab.

You can do a search for the IP in windows using arp -a from a command prompt. Your looking for a device with 4c or 9c as the start of the Mac address. Most newer models will only be 9c. Very old devices might have a 3c starting Mac pair..

Edit: Also one can use Amcrest Config tool to find out the IP address for the cameras as well. Most times people don't like adding bunch of software so that was why I offered the ARP method seeing it is on most peoples computers already.
Be Safe.
MCD4x4

Post by MCD4x4 »

Thank you, I downloaded the IP tool as well. I will try it over the weekend when I'm home. I'm sure the laptop has to be on the same wifi for it to work. I'd like to be able to give someone the IP address and password for access. Like you mentioned a lot of people don't want to download software.