8mp BNC cameras

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

8mp BNC cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I don't normally like 8mp cameras in general. I have a couple IP cameras one from years gone that is very old Dahua long past it's EOL date.. I then got a 8mp Amcrest from my Son that wasn't happy with it and to be honest it works as I expected it would.

So I have a couple of 8mp DVR's one AI and another Amcrest normal 8mp DVR and was wondering if anyone is using any BNC 8mp cameras? The largest BNC camera I have is 5mp at this time. I have a 7fps 16ch dvr and my 15fps 8ch AI dvr so I wanted to get a couple for my DVR's and get a feeling of what and why. So many people have said DVR's are dead and that isn't the case.

In truth DVR's are faster and better then most NVR's I have plenty and do Resets all the time. I can do a Reset on my DVR and have it all setup again in less then 5 minutes. With 16ch POE AI NVR if I was using all Dahua cameras sure It would be setup in very little time however using Amcrest cameras it takes more then twice as long to reset and setup a NVR. Also if I wanted/needed to reset the cameras then it would take days longer. Then the likes of my 4116e-HS doing a reset and having 1/2 cameras POE and other 1/2 on my network even take longer and less secure..

What BNC cameras are you using 8mp and something you think you would recommend others to use..

Personally I am looking for camera that has a OSD and able to change the camera from IR to color.. If there are NO OSD and no way to change from B/W to Color at night I will need something else..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe