4k Bullet Cam seems grainy on Main Stream

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
JimmyFal

4k Bullet Cam seems grainy on Main Stream

Post by JimmyFal »

Compare the 4k Bullet Cam (bottom photo) which I think is the same guts as the Turret cam picture.

The Bullet cam is just not as sharp as the other on and I cannot figure it out.

1. 4k - IP8M-T2669EW-AI - Turret
2. 4k - IP8M-2796EW-AI - Bullet
Attachments
porch 4k main stream.png
porch 4k main stream.png (3.29 MiB) Viewed 1876 times
bullet cam main stream.png
bullet cam main stream.png (4.25 MiB) Viewed 1876 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4k Bullet Cam seems grainy on Main Stream

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Trun the bottom one in the Direction of the top one and take another picture this time side by side view. Outside of that there is just to much to say why one would look clearer then the other. I personally don't have the Cameras but I would also make sure that to be fair that they are both Reset to Factory and no changes are made to the cameras settings before doing a side by side. Just like I did with 2 different 2k Doorbells. While I will admit and I did say that when the one comes up it was in lower Encoding rate, that I turned on the 2k and other had WDR off and first had HDR on so to be close to setting 100% same I did also turn on the WDR.. Outside of that there was no changes to the cameras and only made the adjustments so it was setup the same between the 2..

To tell you what I see and why I think something looks different.

One your top picture has a Close area, This can Reflect the lighting that is around and can open or close the cameras lens and make changes that the other camera doesn't have them options and as such the camera has different f-stop and Iris settings.

Then it also kind of looks like the picture of the bottom is in the same area but Digital zoomed in. The color of the buildings in the background are not even the same color as the ones in the top picture. So there is no telling if these pictures were taking the same time or if there was different season that can effect the quality of a Picture. To be honest, Looking at the pictures they don't even look like they were taken at the same time. Roof one picture looks clear and the other picture can't really tell because of the picture quality it don't look like the roof is clear of the building behind the front building. However I can't really tell because of the brush or limbs in the way.

If I understand your picture, It appears that one camera might be at the back and other in the front. Outside of that it is hard to tell about the image. The bottom one looks like it could use a Reset to Factory and another picture taken. If it is Digital Zoomed in take a picture with it set up Full Frame..
Be Safe.