2899 or 1083

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

2899 or 1083

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am looking to buy a new Amcrest IP PTZ camera. I want to buy one of the newer PTZ with AI. However I don't know what options and if the 4k PTZ works as well as the 4mp 32x PTZ. I mean I know that 32x is is 7x more then the 8mp camera however what is the quality of the pictures at night. I know day time the 8mp is going to be much better in all ways however is the 4mp going to have better options and better night time with 32x does it make it worth that much more?

Personally I like the look of the 1083. The 2899 looks to much like all the others all the way down to the 850 that I already own only in White..

Anyone use either of these that is willing to put a Video up showing IVS and different preset settings>? 900 a lot to fork out for something that I might not feel like it is any better then what I already have..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: 2899 or 1083

Post by jack7 »

Since you are considering more expensive PTZs, I suggest you take a look at SD5A425XA-HNR .
This 25X 4MP IVS Auto Tracking PTZ camera has a larger sensor (1/1.8") than the 1083 or 2899.  $719 at amazon.  There are reviews and videos in a long thread for this camera at IPCT.  Lots of good info there on camera PTZ performance and auto tracking.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 2899 or 1083

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Suggestion. For me while I will take a look and I do have many different brands most of them were before the days of Amcrest. Like most of my PTZ from long ago were all Samsung before being sold in 2016. While I do still use a good few of them today, I am trying to phase out my older hardware for Amcrest related Hardware.

Plus I think the Camera you mention is an older Tech camera and the 2899 and 1083 are both from older tech with some advances.. Like some of the things that drive me nuts about my Dahua Recorders is for the events sent to email even with one of my Recorders and FW with 2021 update I still get a start and stop email to the events where with Amcrest (The R&D) cured that from the Amcrest devices many years ago. My guess is this camera might be plagued with the same type issue. Not that I use Email often. There are times that I turn it on for kicks lol..

My guess is that might be the 1083
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe