16CH HDCVI Questions

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
XLT_Frank

16CH HDCVI Questions

Post by XLT_Frank »

Good morning.
I am thinking of purchasing a full system for my house, but I have some questions. Will the 16CH HDCVI also support POE IP cameras (I would use a TP-Link POE 8-port GigE switch provided it meets the watt requirements) seamlessly with the analog cameras I would have to use in order to have dome cameras? Is there a plan to release POE dome cameras? This would make my life easier. Also if I use a NAS instead of the built in harddrive, will it also the seamless playback that the normally occurs with the built in harddrive? I ask because I have my NAS wired into my safe.

Thanks!
Frank
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: 16CH HDCVI Questions

Post by Melvin »

Hi XLT_Frank ,
The system can only take two Ip cameras. Out of the 16 channels, you can utilize two channels for IP cameras. It does not matter if the camera is POE or wireless.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

XLT_Frank

Post by XLT_Frank »

Melvin wrote:Hi XLT_Frank ,
The system can only take two Ip cameras. Out of the 16 channels, you can utilize two channels for IP cameras. It does not matter if the camera is POE or wireless.
Thanks! Is there any plans to release dome cameras as POE or the NVR4108 in a 16 channel variant? I prefer the POE solution versus the analog/power wiring through a house.

For my other question, can the DVRs use NAS for the storage and playback ability OR is it just for backup storage? Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi,
Yes there are plans to introduce Dome wireless and POE cams in future but it might take time. NAS is basically used for storage. It plays back only videos stored on the hard drive.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us