Surveillance Pro working with Linux (Wine)

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
jwoodard80

Surveillance Pro working with Linux (Wine)

Post by jwoodard80 »

Just wanted to mention that I was able to install surveillance pro on my Kubuntu 18.04 install using the latest wine (v3.0.2). I did this simply by following the directions here https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu and installing the "winehq-stable"

I then just downloaded the .exe and double clicked it. Wine asked to install different dependencies and I received no errors. NOTE: I only installed the surveillance pro client NOT the PC-NVR as I have a NVR seperate and I use this just for viewing the multiple cameras.

I noticed when adding a camera to liveview that the white border around the cam was odd but after adding a couple more cams this went away. Also, when I added 3-4 cams on the first run, the app crashed. However, opening it again I did not receive a crash and was able to add 7 cams as well as create a custom view. Also, the PTZ controls did work, I assumed they would but i wasn't sure till I tested. I have not had time to do further testing.

Just thought I would pass this along to all my Linux friends.