Move Surveillance Pro installation from one PC to another

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
mclemens

Move Surveillance Pro installation from one PC to another

Post by mclemens »

I'm going to move my Surveillance Pro installation from an old PC to a new one.

What files or directories do I need to move to the new PC so that I don't have to reconfigure everything?

Thanks
mclemens

Re: Move Surveillance Pro installation from one PC to another

Post by mclemens »

Solution that worked for me:

1. Install the Amcrest software on the new PC.

2. Rename the Amcrest IP Config and Amcrest Surveillance Pro folders on the new PC so that there's an "x" at the front of the folder name. Saves them but gets them out of the way.

3. Copy the Amcrest IP Config and Amcrest Surveillance Pro folders from the old PC to the new PC. These folders are in the \system\program files (X86) folder.

You don't have to worry about anything in the Windows registry as Amcrest doesn't put anything there.

So far it appears everything works as it was on the old PC.
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

One thing that does have to be reconfigured is the NVR due to the IP address of the new PC. I found it easiest to delete the current setup of the NVR and start a new one with the correct IP address. Be sure to set start with Windows and auto logon on in the setup of the NVR.
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

One additional thing I had to reconfigure:

I moved the external disk that holds the recorded videos and photos from the old PC to the new PC. It was necessary to release the space and reallocate it to get the NVR recording again.