IFTTT

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
gkraft4

IFTTT

Post by gkraft4 »

It would be nice if Amcrest would provide some IFTTT.com recipes for their DVRs. For example, if my Nest says I'm away, but my Amcrest is recording motion detection, then do something. Or If my Amcrest get a significant amount of motion then trigger an Home versus Away status.
Zach

Re: IFTTT

Post by Zach »

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass this up the line to our R&D department and see how feasible this is.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Zach

Post by Zach »

Hello,

I just wanted to update you on what I've been told. IFTTT seems to be mostly concerned with social media, a few home automation recipes, and some business data management sprinkled in. I did some looking into other automation programs and it seems like they are mostly concerned with social media and data management. If you can find something that is more hardware oriented we would be more inclined to work with them.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

sStar

Post by sStar »

Zach,

Very nice to see you have checked in on this, but are you saying there is no way to integrate IFTTT with the NVR or cameras at all? A quick Google of "smart home IFTTT" will reveal this is a big selling point for many consumers. I, like probably many here have hubs that will control several aspects of my home. It would be fabulous, for example, if my window sensor just went off or a leak was detected by my smarththings hub, that the camera over that area would start recording.