How to disable unused camera inputs in HD-CVI

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
hdcvi

How to disable unused camera inputs in HD-CVI

Post by hdcvi »

I have 8ch 1080p. Is there any way to disable not used video inputs in the configuration, so HD-CVI system would not log video feed loss or record on those inputs? Actually recording is easy to fix by stopping it in the schedule, but I could not find any way to switch off video input in camera configuration or anywhere else.
Zach

Re: How to disable unused camera inputs in HD-CVI

Post by Zach »

Hello,

There is no true way to disable the unused video connections. One way to "disable" at least a few feeds is to go to Settings>Camera>Camera Type and change it to IP. This will show it that it is available to add a camera, but if you don't add one it won't really register as a camera. If this option is available please let me know. I might be using one of the earlier revisions than what was released.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to disable the camera? If there is signal loss I don't believe it will record. You can also change the Abnormality settings so it doesn't trigger anything on that camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

hdcvi

Re: How to disable unused camera inputs in HD-CVI

Post by hdcvi »

The reason to disable unused inputs - I have 8ch, but only going to install 6 cameras, so at least 2 inputs will be vacant. When there is no camera in use - the system will report it very frequently in the logs that it lost feed from those inputs - it would just spam logs, so it is more difficult to see info that is important when checking on logs. But after I disabled Video Loss on unused inputs - UI show no issue (red ?) and Video loss events are gone. Thanks.