How long is Amcrest warranties good for?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Bmac1x

Postby Bmac1x » Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 pm

i knocked mine over & it came apart.

markcm

Re: How long is Amcrest warranties good for?

Postby markcm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm pretty sure it is 1 year providing you bought it from Amcrest or an authorized seller. Whether or not they would cover damage from knocking it over, I couldn't say. I have used Amcrest warranty for a camera that I purchased directly from them and it was a good experience.

arso96

Postby arso96 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:18 pm

I refused to pay what was described as an admin charge £30 UK for an RMA and complained to Amazon who gave me a full refund immediately. Have to admit that I then spent the refund on a replacement camera. I do like the camera when it's working

DafontMapQuestFileHippo

longedge

Postby longedge » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:39 am

Exactly the same as arso96 in my case - refused to pay £30, complained to Amazon and got full refund 'on the spot'. Bought another and the price had in fact gone down a little :D . This one works (almost) perfectly i.e. wi-fi is hopeless but I connect it via ethernet.

To be fair, I can't see how damage caused by being knocked over would be covered by manufacturing warranty.
Using IP2M-841B (firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R).

Return to “General Security Chat”