Fast forward speed only 8X?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
dc7391

Fast forward speed only 8X?

Post by dc7391 »

I have a NV4108E-HS that you can only fast forward 8X. Other DVR's could do up to 32X. If i need to watch some footage to find an event that happened in about an hour period, it takes so long. Is there a fix for this or other software i can use to search quicker?
mikedj

Re: Fast forward speed only 8X?

Post by mikedj »

Mine only goes to 8X also. However, have you used the motion search feature with Surveillance Pro? There are some limitations, but, depending on how you have your system set up, you can search for motion in a specific area of the screen. Makes searching for events pretty fast.

The limitations I've encountered are two-fold. First, you must have motion detection enabled on the camera. You don't have to have alerts enabled, but detection must be enabled. Second, if you define a motion detection region within the camera, you will only see motion results for that region, even during playback. So, if you want to be able to search the entire frame, you cannot define a region in the camera, you must wait and define it during a playback search.

I also assume, though I have not tested it yet, that sensitivity and threshold settings in the camera will define what will and will not trigger a hit during a playback search.

I hope this helps.

Mike