AVI files on NAS not open on VLC / Windows mplayer

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
andreshutten

AVI files on NAS not open on VLC / Windows mplayer

Post by andreshutten »

Hi I am new here.. I just bought 2 cameras IPM-751W and IPM-723S.
I connected the cameras on my network via Wi-fi, and to save video files on the QNAP NAS.
When I try to open the AVI files stored on my NAS I notice that I can't play with VLC, windows media player, etc...
I read some post here that the videos are in DAV format and need to install & run Amcrest Smart play app. to play the videos... I installed and worked..
Questions:
Is correct this information or I am doing something wrong?
If is correct, how is the best way to convert the DAV files (that was supposed to be AVI by the extension name given by the camera), to other formats like MP4, MOV, to opend in many other players not only the "Amcrest Smart Play?

Thanks for any comment or suggestion. !!! :->
andreshutten

Re: AVI files on NAS not open on VLC / Windows mplayer

Post by andreshutten »

Hello an UPDATE:
The issue I had when I use the SURVEILLANCE STATION app from QNAP NAS. The app save the videos in AVI format that I can't open.
When I use direct the configuration on the camera IP menu the auto detect and save FTP to NAS works good, The camera save the files in MP4 format that I can open on any device.
II hope this can help someone.. Now I contacting QNAP to solve the issue.