Amcrestview

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
bobgallahan

Amcrestview

Post by bobgallahan »

For the last two days when trying to view my NVR through https://www.amcrestview.com/, I get "This Site Is Not Secure". I get that on IE and Firefox. Has the SSL certificate expired or something else is wrong. I'm getting this from my home pc and work pc. Any words of advice? Thanks
kylerk

Re: Amcrestview

Post by kylerk »

I gave up on Firefox long ago due to issues with getting Amcrest plugins not working correctly - but I have experienced the exact same behavior with IE on my Windows7 desktop for the past two days that you have. However, on the 13th and 14th I was able to get the app to work by choosing to "Continue to this website (not Recommended)".
This morning (1/15/19) I did not even get that far - it would not connect, and I also had no luck trying by using Amcrest View Pro from my iPad.
I just tried again a few minutes ago and I am back to where I was on the 13th & 14th being able to access www.amcrestview.com by choosing to ignore the error, and now I am able to use View Pro on my iPad.
I hope they get their certificate renewed soon - I rely on using these applications and would feel more comfortable if they were working correctly.
Medved

Post by Medved »

Is there any information on when amcrestview.com certificates will be renewed. I can not access my web cams via the web.
bobgallahan

Post by bobgallahan »

I imported my Amcrestview account settings into the Amcrest surveillance pro app on my windows 10 pc, but the live video is real laggy. But that may just be my bandwith isn't verygood.
decaturbob

Post by decaturbob »

I can't even get the plugin to load (running firefox) where every time I access amcrestview it tells me to download and install
bobgallahan

Post by bobgallahan »

My issue has been solved today, Amcrestview.com is back to normal I submitted a support ticket two days ago. I guess they updated the SSL Certificate.
Amcrest's reply to my ticket below:

Kwing L. (Amcrest)
Jan 16, 10:43 AM CST
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for you, we are currently working on updating those certificates for amcrestview.com.
bobgallahan

Post by bobgallahan »

The only Firefox fix that has worked for me is to download and install Firefox version 49.0.1 32bit.
The 64 bit would not work.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/49.0.1/
kylerk

Post by kylerk »

This morning everything is back to normal for me too - Thanks Amcrest.

decaturbob, You have two choices:
- Do as bobgallahan did and move to the 32-bit version of Firefox.
- Or you can do what I did - I use Internet Explorer 11 exclusively for my Amcrest activities, and I still have my 64-bit Firefox that I use for all of my other internet activities.
Medved

Post by Medved »

Working again here too! Thanks.