Your (Android) App uses wrong aspect ratio

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
dillerdaller

Your (Android) App uses wrong aspect ratio

Post by dillerdaller »

I have a couple of IP2m-841 and use your otherwise fairly useful app to view/control them.
One major annoyance is that your app seems to ruin the image/stream from the devices.

Images are stretched regardless of original aspect ratio to fit your viewport's square layout.
If I tilt/turn my mobile to landscape, your app is fine with showing the image as it should look.

So, please revisit the code and ask us if you should guesstimate what we want to see, or if we want to decide that your app should *not* change aspect ratio from 720/1080 to "square" ;)

To make matters more embarassing, it turns out that this free app does everything correct: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pcamviewer

IF your coders should imsunderstand my attempt to explain, here's what I mean.
Your Android app's performance shown on the left image. The correct on the right ;)
https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-c ... -ratio.jpg

OR - if you can, please explain where I have missed the option to tell your app that I don't want compressed images?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Your (Android) App uses wrong aspect ratio

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So I am not sure I understand, When your using your Amcrest View Pro in Full view for after you turned the phone for wide view? In Full view you can change from SD an HD also can change the view format from that view as well.

Using a 3rd party app please note that you take the risk of having the ability to have someone hack your system a lot easier then using the Software and or apps that are designed by the system designers. Meaning Amcrest would less likely want to Hack your system and does things to try and keep your footage yours. 3rd party has no loyalty to you and or the database they have for their apps seeing if someone was to hack and get your passwords it would be hard to know that it was caused by them.

Also using a Phone app is a way to be able to access your system when your away from your computer or a Recorder on site, If you want something that you can work better options and have viewing options outside of the app, I would maybe use the Cameras WebUI if it is a normal IP camera and or ASP by Amcrest for best results.

If your camera is a Smart Home camera then this might limit your ability to view over a WebUI but normally ASP still works for most of the Smart Home family of cameras..

For me and the apps, I use them for View of an event while I am away from the computer or home, Outside of that I use the WebUI for most of my systems and my Recorders GUI
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dillerdaller

Post by dillerdaller »

Thanks

I have attached a couple of screenshots og the image problem in Amcrest View Pro to visualize what I mean.

In short, Amcrest View Pro will (in portrair/upright) mode of the Android phone force the stream into the square image viewport in the app.

When I then turn/tilt the mobile to landscape mode, it suddenly decides that display changed and will then show the correctly formatted&ratio image in what looks like 16:9 format.

The free app always shows the stream from Amcrest device in correct 16:9 format. (Yes I do realize that any app that asks us for login is a threat if we don't trust the developers - which is why I've logged a ticket with Amcrest Support who asked me to show a thread here as well ;) )

I don't know if this IS the place where Amcrest actually keep their developers? :D
Attachments
AmcrestViewPro_INCorrectAspectRatioImage.png
AmcrestViewPro_INCorrectAspectRatioImage.png (321.67 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
AmcrestViewPro_CorrectAspectRatioImage.png
AmcrestViewPro_CorrectAspectRatioImage.png (602.28 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is the change from view type changes from main and sub or extra maybe is set in your app to view in Main Stream only? Might fix the issue?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sergb283

Post by sergb283 »

I have exactly the same issue. The image has incorrect aspect ratio in both the portrait and the landscape mode. It is narrower than normal in the first case and it is wider than normal in the second case. There is no point to change the view type as suggested above in the thread. It is the phone app who distorts the image. The same steam looks normal on my computer, and even in the Amcrest cloud app. Looks like this phone app was written for the older phones that have 16:9 aspect ratio while modern phones have 19.5:9 screens. This is kind of frustrating because otherwise I would prefer using this app when I am at home. I wonder if Amcrest has any plans on fixing it.
MikeVee

Post by MikeVee »

my understanding of this is that the app defaults to stretch regardless of orientation and the view box is set to a static size.
I wish they would have modified it to generate the proper aspect ratio as well. but the app hasn't been updated since december 2020 (1 year and 1 month ago)