Wondering

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
timlab55

Wondering

Post by timlab55 »

Is there away to let family and friends view my cameras without giving them permission to change any of the settings?
amcrest168

Re: Wondering

Post by amcrest168 »

@timlab55 , hi and welcome to the forum. yes and you can check out, https://www.ipcamlive.com. there are other free methods for viewing ip cameras but they all come with a cost of sharing your camera's ip address, login and password to family and friends hence i thought of ipcamlive.
jack7

Re: Wondering

Post by jack7 »

timlab55 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:58 pm Is there away to let family and friends view my cameras without giving them permission to change any of the settings?
Yes, you can do that with an Amcrest camera. Using camera Web UI, go to Setup/System/Manage Users. Add User with a user name/password with Authority only for Live view.
Then use Amcrest View Pro app on friend's phone and add the camera there using P2P with the new user name/password.