Wireless Chime for AD410 Doorbell Camera

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
920codyroad

Wireless Chime for AD410 Doorbell Camera

Post by 920codyroad »

I replaced my Ring Pro with the Amcrest Ad410 Doorbell. The ring has a wireless chime that I place on the opposite side of the house (back of house) so I can hear the doorbell back there. It would be nice to have a wireless chime that works with the AD410. I know you have one for the AD110, but that is not compatible.
ExtremeSkiBum

Re: Wireless Chime for AD410 Doorbell Camera

Post by ExtremeSkiBum »

Do you have any Alexa devices such as the Echo Dot or Show? You can have those devices set an alert when the doorbell button is pressed. So for example; when someone presses my AD410, my Echo Dot says "There is someone at the door." If you set this up properly, you can have the Echo Show display the AD410 camera.
920codyroad

Post by 920codyroad »

ExtremeSkiBum wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:19 pm Do you have any Alexa devices such as the Echo Dot or Show? You can have those devices set an alert when the doorbell button is pressed. So for example; when someone presses my AD410, my Echo Dot says "There is someone at the door." If you set this up properly, you can have the Echo Show display the AD410 camera.
Yes, I have the Echo Dot. I did that with my Ring (that I replaced with the AD410). I had forgotten about that. I had it disabled due to my daughter constantly going in and out with the dog, and it getting annoying. Now that she's gone, I can actually do the same with the AD410. Thanks for the information!!!
920codyroad

Post by 920codyroad »

Well, I just tried to get it up and running with the Alexa app, and it won't work. Not sure why. I registered the Amcrest Smart Home Alexa skill with the Amcrest Smart Home app without issue. I enabled the doorbell in it, but it doesn't announce anything. It won't announce motion detected or pushing the doorbell button. Nothing!