Why isn't there chromecast support?

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
talormanda

Why isn't there chromecast support?

Post by talormanda »

Every other camera I look at supports this feature. Foscam, Eufy, Wyze. Why is this not supported?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Why isn't there chromecast support?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure.. I know there are people out there that use RTSP and scripts and things like that to work with Google and chromecast.. But to be honest these are Security Cameras normally designed to work with NVR or DVR that can display 1 or many different cameras on a Display..

I don't like to have to many things have access to my Password or my cctv Footage.. I wouldn't want someone coming in my home and say hey google display ch 23 on my living room tv and have my camera pop up on my Big Screen.. I like it where it is containted and in a good storage for my review and DL if needed...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

To mirror a Chrome tab Amcrest Web UI on a Chromecast device, try this.
https://support.google.com/chromecast/a ... n-GB&oco=0
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have not used my Chrome App for long time since my Samsung TV's let me Cast to it.. So I had to go remove from my Bedroom TV and move into my Office Monitor.. Using the Google home App I am able to cast anything on my Cell phone to my ChromeCast Device. Just got to the point that was able to test out the app and sure enough right now I am looking at Amcrest View Pro looking at my 16ch NVR and can stream anything I see off my Phone right onto my Office Monitor.. Mind you this isn't a Feature I use because I have my NVR and DVR's connected to my Monitors and change inputs to one that suites my current needs.. However I guess this could be useful to Cast into my Bedroom and upset my Wife when she calls me and I am back in my Cigar Den and she wants to know what I am doing I will just Cast it to her Screen lol... Never tried this on Chromecast nor over my Samsung Cast ... Had my Chromecast since 2015 only used it maybe 10 times before buying my Samsung Smart TVs through out the house. Hardly use any casting Tech in my home.. But to confirm it does work... Also if I remember right I did play around with Casting one of my IP cameras to Chromecast in a different method but didn't like the Quality.. Looked better over DVR/NVR so I just let it go..
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG (98.79 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Be Safe.
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

The cameras I have are indoor / have baby monitor abilities....Things like these from other companies have chromecast ability built in the app. It's almost stupid not to have this feature, as if you don't want it, you could turn it right off. The people who would want it will keep it enabled. It's a win-win, but I'd like to see an actual Amcrest staff member comment as to why chromecast is being ignored.