Want Older Firmware

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
patric

Want Older Firmware

Post by patric »

Is there a way to order cameras with the older pre-java firmware?

I want to buy several more of the IP8M-T2499E turret cameras but I dont want the newest firmware that has crippled functionality when using the web interface. Firmware before October 2019 seems to work fine.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Want Older Firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From what I was told Amcrest doesn't sale NEW Cameras with new FW loaded they leave it to the Buyer to install the current FW..

However some people have reported getting cameras with New FW installed and this has been done mostly off the Amazon portal because they may take a camera back repack as NEW and sale as such.. Amcrest don't have any control over that action as they didn't package and sale the item it was Amazon..

So if you buy from Amazon I would make it known that Any camera you get with the New FW loaded by default will be Returned.

If you buy from Ebay that is Amcrest Direct they will list item as NEW or Refurbished.. Or could be also called Open Box.. I would make sure that you were to buy NEW as other 2 types may come with 2019 or 2020 FW installed..

One last thing on this Topic.. IF a camera was Released after or in the 2019 year and has never been loaded with a FW before the 2019 JS type then it would be the first type released and wouldn't count to anything that was said above.. Can't have something there never was... I don't know when it was first released but if it was before 2019 then good chance it has non JS from factory Setup NEW
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 pm From what I was told Amcrest doesn't sale NEW Cameras with new FW loaded they leave it to the Buyer to install the current FW..

However some people have reported getting cameras with New FW installed and this has been done mostly off the Amazon portal because they may take a camera back repack as NEW and sale as such.. Amcrest don't have any control over that action as they didn't package and sale the item it was Amazon..

So if you buy from Amazon I would make it known that Any camera you get with the New FW loaded by default will be Returned.

If you buy from Ebay that is Amcrest Direct they will list item as NEW or Refurbished.. Or could be also called Open Box.. I would make sure that you were to buy NEW as other 2 types may come with 2019 or 2020 FW installed..

One last thing on this Topic.. IF a camera was Released after or in the 2019 year and has never been loaded with a FW before the 2019 JS type then it would be the first type released and wouldn't count to anything that was said above.. Can't have something there never was... I don't know when it was first released but if it was before 2019 then good chance it has non JS from factory Setup NEW
I have been buying thru Amazon, are you saying Amcrest sells the camera with no firmware?
Amcrest Direct is Ebay?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As I said above Amcrest lets the End user install the latest FW and with the FW being new 2019 and 2020 JS there are some people that prefer to have older FW installed.. Because it isn't setup and a good idea to go back to older FW they release cameras on the FW of Last Known Stable Version Prior to the JS Release. So say your Camera was built in 2018 it would be released with a 2018 FW even if bought today from Amcrest Direct Ebay as NEW.. Anything Open box or Referb it is any guess what it will come with and as I said from Amazon once sold Amazon owns it so if it is returned and found to be in working order they could Resale as new and Amcrest wouldn't even know that the transaction has taken place..
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Thanks, I may order one directly, instead of from Amazon.
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:12 pm As I said above Amcrest lets the End user install the latest FW and with the FW being new 2019 and 2020 JS there are some people that prefer to have older FW installed.. Because it isn't setup and a good idea to go back to older FW they release cameras on the FW of Last Known Stable Version Prior to the JS Release. So say your Camera was built in 2018 it would be released with a 2018 FW even if bought today from Amcrest Direct Ebay as NEW.. Anything Open box or Referb it is any guess what it will come with and as I said from Amazon once sold Amazon owns it so if it is returned and found to be in working order they could Resale as new and Amcrest wouldn't even know that the transaction has taken place..
Here is what you get when you order a camera directly from Amcrest (not Amazon) :
from-amcrest.jpg
from-amcrest.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 8109 times
Arrived today. "IE No Longer Supported" and look at the firmware date.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

LIttle lost, Buying Direct from Amcrest is going to Amazon Website? Right now I don't know there is a BUY Direct from Amcrest? Please do tell that was Direct from Amcrest in Tx and not a HUB of Amazon? I am going to guess it was from Amzon and as I said once before Amcrest Direct off Ebay will give you from Tx not from a Amazon Hub... All I know is looking at Amcrest Pages right now all leads to Amazon so that is why I am guessing this is a Repackage off amazon and sadly Amcrest can't make them sell products Returned as Used I am guessing this is from 2499?
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:06 pm LIttle lost, Buying Direct from Amcrest is going to Amazon Website? Right now I don't know there is a BUY Direct from Amcrest? Please do tell that was Direct from Amcrest in Tx and not a HUB of Amazon? I am going to guess it was from Amzon and as I said once before Amcrest Direct off Ebay will give you from Tx not from a Amazon Hub... All I know is looking at Amcrest Pages right now all leads to Amazon so that is why I am guessing this is a Repackage off amazon and sadly Amcrest can't make them sell products Returned as Used I am guessing this is from 2499?
sales-1.jpg
sales-1.jpg (64.77 KiB) Viewed 8098 times
Shipped from Houston TX via FedEX.
https://amcrest.com/checkout/cart/
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Founds a few 2499 that are showing Release date of 4-2019 and that pre dates the FW that is listed in your picture just wondering and I would love to see a Picture of the White or silver label off the bottom of the Cameras blue box

LIke 1.01.1.04.29197#0001

Here is a Listing for Ebay that is Amcrest Direct and from what I was told and again I am not 100% because I don't personally work for Amcrest but I was told that people buying from Ebay is product processed from TX warehouse and not off amazon one because that is frowned on.. Please note that this one is for NEW White and they do have listing for Referb and with ones that are NOT NEW may have NEW FW because the ones that are NEW are on shelf and no new FW was installed.. Now there is something to be said to this FACT as well... IF the Release date was after 10-2019 and the OLD FW was found to have Security Risk that was unknown at the time of the Product Release then yes it might have a NEW FW from 10-2019 but if the Product Release date is before 10-2019 then it should have the FW laoded that PRE DATES JS FW...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amcrest-UltraH ... SwYBpeOzRc
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK Thanks.. Sorry I don't know.. Again going off what I was told and again I asked earlier today and what I posted about product Release date is again what was told Very strange unless it was Used or Referb that they do sale.. I would contact Amcrest ask that they please post you a NEW one with the Older FW.. JUst to be sure your camera was built before 2019 RElease of FW as I don't know what camera and some cameras might have been built after the JS release and that is what it starts with..
Be Safe