Want Older Firmware

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
flylow

Re: Want Older Firmware

Post by flylow »

I appreciate your sentiment and I'm at peace with using things made in China. I just wouldn't want to go there to defend my interests. The cameras (including the webview, which is now a part of the camera) doesn't have the same EULA.

Mind you, I'm not a lawyer, but I am afraid of them :)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I might be wrong but I think what that might be referring to is if you wanted to sue them because of something that happen while using the ASP.. Like maybe the system failed to record something and you thought you want to sue them for the damages. Then doing so would be there and not here kind of thing.. Just a Guess.

Used to use Smart PSS however I have started to work with ASP again now that it works with my Multi IP setup where 1.41 didn't so I had to use the Dahua version.. So like jack7 said if you trust the cameras then the software I would trust before any 3rd party software.. Anywhere I have to give a Password it better be for the hardware company it self.. I mean my NVR stores all my cameras passwords so if I was to connect that to a 3rd party then all that data could be at risk so I keep it within the Amcrest Family of software on phone or computer.. NO cloud and no View Website as there are more ways for passwords to leak..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
flylow

Post by flylow »

Not so much me suing them, just the opposite. The EULA is plagued with poor English and typos. Now, take this item for instance:
"7) Confidentiality:Unless there is prior written notice from the Provider, you will reveal software performace, evaluation results, testing results, technical secret or any other confidential information of the same level to any third party. "

I suspect they accidentally left out the word "not" between "reveal" and "software". If they add that word to the EULA (which they can update/fix at any time without notice) and I later release some performance, evaluation or testing results (based on my own work), would I be liable for any loss of business? In PRC maybe so, who knows?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@flylow
Probably best to not use software with EULA you dislike.
patric

Post by patric »

flylow wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 am I checked the sticker on the newer camera with reduced functionality and it is 09-2019. Maddening. I can't really think of another example of so many features being stripped out of a software/firmware package. If I had known, I would have never bought this one.

You want 2018 firmware. The later firmware has essential features stripped out because they were incompatible with javascript.

For the IP8M-T2499E, for example, you would want firmware on or before 2019-04-15. The newer firmware locks the user out of any downgrade attempts but the technicians at amcrest are able because they know the secret handshake ;-)

I would like to just be able to order a new camera with the old firmware, and Im sure I would buy a couple. The new firmware is a joke.