Video Doorbell Feature Requests

see a device that we do not currently have and think we should research in to let us know here. The same goes for features on devices If there is a feature we don't have that you would like please request it here and it will be passed along to the R&D team.
Swaligorski

Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by Swaligorski »

I have my Amcrest video doorbell setup and I am testing/configuring it currently. There are a few features that would be nice to have. I did not have an existing doorbell so I am powering the device with a 24VAC wall plug which will make some of the feature requests make more sense.

1. Wireless doorbell chime (for those without existing doorbell/chime) that connects to the doorbell and goes off when the doorbell rings. Something like a little wireless speaker that plugs into a wall outlet. (I know Eufy has one)
2. Wedge piece that aims the video doorbell more toward the front of the door.
3. Battery/Power Cord for those installing without an existing doorbell.
4. Google Assistant Integration (view/interact with doorbell on Google Nest Hub)
5. Amazon Alexa Integration (view/interact with doorbell on Echo Show devices)
6. Add a thumbnail of what the doorbell sees in the push notification when motion is detected or doorbell button is pushed.
7. Canned and/or custom audio responses you can send when someone rings the doorbell. For example "Please leave the package on the porch" or "We are not interested"

I will forwarded to testing this device out and testing out all the features.
mbster

Re: Video Doorbell Feature Requests

Post by mbster »

I want to echo the need for a wedge mounting plate and Google Assistant Integration!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

ability to save locally to a FTP server just like the rest of the amcrest ip cameras.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

How about increasing the motion detection time to longer than 20 seconds!!!! I miss so much motion it makes this doorbell camera useless! There are many times when it misses large chunks of motion and video while it resets to record another 20 sec. recording. This needs to be changed to a least 60 seconds min.
gurkburk76

Post by gurkburk76 »

Features that would make this a sure buy are:

1) mqtt integration (using blue iris and home assistant)
2) pushing the button on the camera should give some indication wither via API or mqtt so HA gets a note of it when that happens.
3) The ability to share the doorbell in the app with other ppl in your home so they can answer via the app when someone pushes the button in case you can't.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

the live view lag time is very noticeable by at least 15 seconds. nvr recording also shows lag time and skipped frames. i wonder if an option to lower doorbell camera resolution from 1080p to 720p would help speed things up?

when setting motion detection zone, selection of pixel is easy by touching the pixel. there is no option to deselect a pixel but have to use the 'clear zone' button to start over. i think the motion detection zone tool needs a deselect by pixel function.
Oliverjschramm

Post by Oliverjschramm »

The Smart Home app needs an option to separate the push notifications for doorbell and motion detection. I am constantly getting notified about motion events and it is driving me crazy. There are currently only 2 options, turn off motion detection or turn off all notifications. If I turn off motion detection it will no longer record motion events. If I turn off all push notifications I will no longer be notified when the doorbell is rang. I would like to still have motion recorded but I do not need to be notified. Please help!
Craiggo

Post by Craiggo »

My problem is the inability to separate the "motion range" and "motion zones." I live on a busy street and a motion range setting of 1 is still too much. As a result, every car that passes by creates an alert.

What I'd like to be able to do is set up alerts based on motion detection in a zone only much like BlueIris (which i have to use to do this).

Additionally, the ability to record constantly (like a big loop). This way I can record regardless of motion.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

my motion range is set to '1' and i have scaled down my motion detection zones down to 3 little squares. that seem to help. i think this is where the use of ai technology is useful. i have stumbled on an adt indoor security camera and it has a video analysis feature between 'motion' and 'people.' maybe amcrest developers would consider implementing something like it on the amcrest doorbell.
adt_rc8386_video_analysis.PNG
adt_rc8386_video_analysis.PNG (3.86 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I personally think this is a great idea. I sadly think that some of the people of the world is keeping this out of the US. I have a feeling that the 841 has the option but is removed for some unknown reason. There are cameras out there that has loads of AI and when people talk about that it gives some people a bad idea of what it means. For me it means turn on alerts when there is a Person and you get a message... I am all for that...

I think what is keeping this out of a lot of companies is others in our country that say it is Invading the privacy of people walking by and for me that is JUST HOG WASH... It isn't like we are talking about having a AI that will pool all the faces and make a history log of that person and keep in database info on such activity... Come on we are not working with a POI setup lol (Person Of Interest)

Anyway I am all for the Motion, Car/Truck and Person alerts
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe